Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

what's the verdict on the outdoor parka? does anyone know the price and how it holds up to the mountain parka (from a few seasons back) in terms of weight? i'm looking for something light and versatile, but my mountain parka is too heavy for the warmer spring months.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the verdict on the outdoor parka? does anyone know the price and how it holds up to the mountain parka (from a few seasons back) in terms of weight? i'm looking for something light and versatile, but my mountain parka is too heavy for the warmer spring months.

Pretty lightweight, will stand up to a very light shower but theres nothing really "outdoor" about it.

Fit is very smedium, I tried on an XL hoping it would be okay to layer a hoody underneath but no chance.

It is literally just a nice spring jacket or something for the breezey summer evenings.

I still got it though..

agreeing with witts on the fit and weight. to answer your other question, it felt a little lighter than the mountain parka from f/w 08. definitely more of a spring coat as opposed to fall.

it perplexes me why the salt girl t-shirt seems to be so popular

its really one of the only t-shirt designs in the past few seasons that doesnt utterly suck. Whats the deal with the 1871 tee?

that and the s&m series they had going for a minute was good

Supreme's had a weird thing for Native Americans past few seasons. Had the blackhawks jersey (RIP), and the AIM "Fuck what you heard" shirt.

I'm not a huge fan of the hc/punk shirt bites unless it's really subtle, like the SSD shirt. I guess it's not a big problem for people who's friends aren't vested in the scene though.

subtle in comparison to stuff like the Charles Bronson shirt with the box logo plastered over his eyes. Maybe I'm just bitter about having to explain to people "oh well you see Supreme is a skate shop who use graphics from...." ad infinitum.

i figured that chuck b shirt wasn't referencing the band... past few seasons have seen some straight-up rips on SSD, lip cream, only the strong comp, etc... i know a lot of us appreciate them although from an outsider they only come off as a more obscure reference instead of a better design. it would be awesome if they did a podcast/CD comp or something that was kind of the backbone of the tee lines to introduce the youngins to a lot of those jams like with the miles davis reissues.

it would be awesome if they did a podcast/CD comp or something that was kind of the backbone of the tee lines to introduce the youngins to a lot of those jams like with the miles davis reissues.

hmmm, i think that is partially the point of the video clips, both on the website and in-store.

podcast/cd would be too much of a pain from a rights mgmt perspective - witness the dmca shitstorm that happened over on blogger/blogspot.... you can't just go around biting people's designs and THEN stealing their music (or asking to borrow their music to cross-promote the designs you stole from them)

btw i really don't get the salt girl - the design in no way connects with any facet of supreme's identity. at least the boar's head logo is all fierce looking and shit. that is funny about jawbreaker though, i didn't know that.

yeah itd obviously be a nightmare, especially since some of the bands are so far gone its hard to even get ahold of them. the videos are definitely accomplishing that on the official collaboration level.

salt girl = salty attitudes? when it rains it pours re: haters?

To anybody, if you r n ny or la, be a doll, head down to the store, get it, then rip it.

I would love to have a physical copy, I hope the open the site with this. It would be the only thing I pay for this season so far besides the north face.

If anyone has a copy I'll give you $13 shipping included seeing as its free.