Supreme SS06 line up ?

chaos1124

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allenbinho, hold your panties dawg.

why the fuck you talking shit to me now?

my comment was directed to "racists."

if you think you aint one, I wasn't talking to you.

read my fucking post again, I don't care what you said,

I'm just bothered to death with some of the racist's comment

I read here.

and your sarcasm sucks...get that fucking racist shit outta here.

insulting white ppl don't make us asians look better. fucking idiot!!

Edited by chaos1124 on Mar 17, 2006 at 01:40 PM

Tell me exactly what makes any of my comments racist?

I said the line was mainly Asians - fact

I said Asians are shorter than other races - fact

I said Supreme was not set up to clothe mainly Asian kids - fact.

I said most of those kids looked like they are on Pop's money because they are students and where else do you get money from? My building is full of Asian students so I know what I am talking about.

I did not say anything bad about Asians. I said it was wrong to even joke about beating anyone up. I said I was in a minority at that line. I did not say Asians were not allowed to shop at that store - just that it was outa whack seeing who the most passionate Supreme shoppers really were.

If someone can't comment that 80% of that line was made up of Asians without being racist, then you are never going to have a conversation of any depth with anyone without getting offended and will end up as ignorant as some redneck flyover state dweller.

Would I be racist saying most NBA players are black? I recently shot a Giants football player's house and someone asked who it was. I replied that it was a big black guy, just like most of them. Is that racist? Is it fuck. Is it racist to say most politicians are self serving white middle class guys? No. Is saying B&H is full of Asian servers racist. No.

I am sorry if I offended anyone but I did try and explain what I meant. If there is no dialogue, there is no understanding. I think it is funny to be told I am crap at math. I think it is great that China is the new superpower and I think I am no better or worse than anyone on this planet.

Dressing in Supreme clothes, or having an accent, or skating says something about you to the rest of the world, yet no-one is allowed to mention ethnicity in case they offend someone. What bullshit. If you think you are not racist then you are deceiving yourself. Your brain sees the difference in people's looks, it hears their accent and gathers lots of information to help you relate to or reject that person. If you have a negative preconception of a whole race which has nothing to do with your own experience then that is racism, but to think you can discount race is liberal idealistic nonsense.

The key is never to use racism as an excuse or reason for your own inadequacies.

Adrian

Adrian Wilson

Interior and Architectural Photographer

www.interiorphotography.net

Adrain,

first of all,

if you read all the comments on the first page, you'll know that you're not

the only one who mentioned the "fact" that most ppl waited in line were asians.

some the comments, mainly the one saying these guys should be jumped on in the

parking lot makes me sick.

you sound like a reasonable person and well educated.

then you should know my comment is not targeted towards you only but a few

ppl who brought that racy shit on this post.

the facts you mentioned are facts if you think they are.

yeah, asians are generally smaller. so what? you were talking about ppl lining up in front of suprme why did you bring that up? what makes describing "ppl are short" in a line up important to this thread?

supreme is not made for asians. ok...says who? in fact, nothing is "made" for asians in this world if you think like you do.

I know you don't think what you said bothers people but believe me those comments are hurtful and quite ignorant.

NBA players are black, yeah, that's racy. if you're a white player playing in the league that will bother the shit out of you. imagine somebody say that to your face, "hey you aren't black, why are you playing basketball." now,

tell me that's not being a racist..it's light but it's still racy.

you mentioned that you have 2 kids.

lets imagine you were talking about the facts you mentioned to them. what will their young minds think??

stereotyping is racy. and THAT is a fact.

I am glad you are trying to discuss this reasonably. The only reason I said about "short" Asians is that I (said previously) saw a guy with an embroidered Supreme jacket on and you couldn't see his hands and it looked kinda stupid. Supreme is not made for a shorter person and that is a shame if that is their most passionate customers. I was half joking when I said they should make a size for shorter customers - it would make good business sense.

The fact that Asian culture stretches thousands of years before European culture, nevermind American is true. Because it is a positive aspect of your people, it is not considered racist to talk about it (or the superior math comment) but it is the same thing as mentioning height. It is a feature of the Far Eastern people.

If you say one group makes up the majority of a section in society it doesn't mean you are racist. Lots of white guys watch black footballers. Black footballers can play because there is no apartheid. Black people dominate that sport because they can generaly run faster and are bigger built than other races. That is a fact and it is why there aren't many Asian football players, the fact why there aren't too many Hispanic Sumo wrestlers or Hassidic jewish jockeys!

You are right when you say that it shouldn't however mean that white guys are excluded from football, or Hispanics stoped from being Sumo Wrestlers or that the Kentucky Derby couldn't be won by a jockey dressed in 19th century Polish black silks! It is racism to exclude them, but they are logicaly excluded because they are simply not good at it unless they are an exception.

There was an interesting racist test whereby two groups of white and two groups of black golfers of equal abilitywere split up. They all played a game of golf but for the first tournament, a set of black and white golfers were told that golf was all about hitting the ball hard, about physical prowess and athletic ability. In this tound, the black golfers won. With the next group, the golfers were all told that it was a rich person's game that was all about tactics and mental toughness. In this game, the white players won. What this underlined was the thing you pointed out. It is sort of racist to have one group dominate something as it makes other races feel inferior when they participate. The white guy at the starting block next to 5 athletic black guys feels inferior because historicaly, the black runner has always been faster.

However it is not racist to generalise and one of the beauties of life is the exceptions and surprises it throws at you to question your set ways.

I was mugged a few years ago and was surprised at a few people who asked if the mugger was black. My reply was "No, he was white and now I hate all white bastards".

Adrian

Adrian Wilson

BTW< concerning my 2 kids.

I am having a run in with their junior school at the moment because they get Christian and Jewish days off but have never been taught about even the Koran. My 9 year old daughter was told not to say Merry Christmas for fear of offending others and is learning about the geography of Iraq but wasn't told it was Ramadan on the same day she got a day off for Rash Hashana. Celebrating a holiday for a religion with 14 million followers worldwide and not mentioning a festival followed by 1.2 Billion people is bullshit. I am not religous at all but my kids will learn about many cultures from me.

And that doesn't make me anti Jewish either

The other thing is, Asia as a concept is stupid. To lump everyone from Hassid Jews to Indians, to Japanese and Chines people together as Asians is ridiculous

Adrian

Adrian Wilson

ok now that this thread is already at supertrash, i feel easier to let out what i wanna say.

to adrian:

first off, what makes you think that most of those people in line are real "customers"? one quick look on ebay will suggest otherwise; look how many kate, dipset and box tees are there already. some of the dudes in line have always been regulars for any sort of nyc "hype" line ups: they're at bws day in day out, stussy CF release, futura p-rods and the list goes on. i hate lining up, but that's the only way i can get my stuff for retail and not for rape markup price, and that means going to line up early to beat resellers. pathetic but that's the only way to go.

i myself am asian, but i hate the way most asian hypebeasts out there dress. i can go on and on criticizing their attire head to toe, starting from their oversized tacky bape hoody, to their (again) baggy, oversized nbhd jeans and (gosh) dunks. bah. and did i mention their short, skinny figure? most of them are not even 5' 10" and def. weigh less than 170 lbs, and those weighing more than that have those weights distributed at all the wrong places. it really pains me to stand in line with all that. eat more meat and hit the weights rack son. call me having a holier than thou attitude, but that's a matter of fact (i dont own any bape hoody, nbhd jeans or dunk sbs).

btw, i can actually say for sure that most of the asians there in the line up belong to a certain country and mind you it's not japan. icon_smile_big.gif

PS: yes, i did notice you in line with your arabic tee

Quote:

BTW< concerning my 2 kids.

I am having a run in with their junior school at the moment because they get Christian and Jewish days off but have never been taught about even the Koran. My 9 year old daughter was told not to say Merry Christmas for fear of offending others and is learning about the geography of Iraq but wasn't told it was Ramadan on the same day she got a day off for Rash Hashana. Celebrating a holiday for a religion with 14 million followers worldwide and not mentioning a festival followed by 1.2 Billion people is bullshit. I am not religous at all but my kids will learn about many cultures from me.

And that doesn't make me anti Jewish either

The other thing is, Asia as a concept is stupid. To lump everyone from Hassid Jews to Indians, to Japanese and Chines people together as Asians is ridiculous

Adrian

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 17, 2006 02:40 PM

how many kids in your kid`s school are Islamic? If its a minority why should Ramadan or whatever be a holiday? or even taught about? If you wanna teach your kids about the greatness of all these religions go ahead, do it at home. Same as if I ever have kids I`ll teach them at home that all religion is bullshit and to never take that shit too seriously.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Do you read?

My post was about hypocricy, not religion.

There are nearly as many Muslims in America as Jews. If there is no religion or bias in schools, why do they get a religous day off and only mention that it is to do with one religion and not the other? A friend of my son's father who is a Sikh, never wore his turban after 9/11 for jerks like you who are intolerant and ignorant. Another friend was looking after them last weekend and took them to their first Sunday church service ever last weekend. They were old enough to come back and say "Those people with false smiles were so weird", which is a bit cruel on the church and they came back with a "God Box" they had made which they thought very silly. I explained that people were happy about God and that the box was probably so you could worship anywhere. None of us got it, but at least we talked about it.

I am not religous but that doesn't mean I think everyone with a belief is full of shit as you do. If people took your line, why bother teaching kids where Cuba is when they would be breaking the law to go there? In fact why bother teaching them anything that doesn't fit into your blinkered view?

Hopefully my kids will grow up making their own minds up about the world around them rather than being indoctrinated by my twisted opinions.

Adrian Wilson

Quote:

Do you read?

My post was about hypocricy, not religion.

There are nearly as many Muslims in America as Jews. If there is no religion or bias in schools, why do they get a religous day off and only mention that it is to do with one religion and not the other? A friend of my son's father who is a Sikh, never wore his turban after 9/11 for jerks like you who are intolerant and ignorant. Another friend was looking after them last weekend and took them to their first Sunday church service ever last weekend. They were old enough to come back and say "Those people with false smiles were so weird", which is a bit cruel on the church and they came back with a "God Box" they had made which they thought very silly. I explained that people were happy about God and that the box was probably so you could worship anywhere. None of us got it, but at least we talked about it.

I am not religous but that doesn't mean I think everyone with a belief is full of shit as you do. If people took your line, why bother teaching kids where Cuba is when they would be breaking the law to go there? In fact why bother teaching them anything that doesn't fit into your blinkered view?

Hopefully my kids will grow up making their own minds up about the world around them rather than being indoctrinated by my twisted opinions.

--- Original message by Adrian Wilson on Mar 17, 2006 08:04 PM

Nope, wrong. Another Lefty just assuming. There are 2-3 times more religous Jews in America than Islamics and 150 million more Christians. Muslims ARE a minority. You`re kids arent even Muslim, stop trying to be such a fucken martyr for something you prolly dont even understand.

I bet there are Muslim families who arent idiots like you and dont expect the Koran to be taught about in mainstream American schools.

Personally I know Sikhs have been killed and persucuted by Indian Hindus and Muslims for centuries but yeah there are some idiots that wouldn`t know. Blame Bin Laden for this situation.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Mar 17, 2006 at 08:32 PM

I am not promoting Islam or suggesting it is taught in school you nonce.

I am saying that to ignore all religions except Judaism and Christianity in school is hypocritical, goes against the constitution and creates adults who are ignorant. In Westchester, a friend's kids of the same age learn about Diwali and a bunch of other religous festivals. It is each school's own agenda which decides to include religous awareness (not teaching) or not.

My 9 year od daughter is learning about the geography of Iraq, yet nothing about religion. What the fuck is that all about? Is she meant to take a gap year in Basra before High School? Will she be able to chit chat with Iraqis on the subway?

If kids have not heard about the Bible in most countries by the age of nine I would be surprised. I am not promoting the Koran but using it as an example of why people come out with the kind of nonsense you have. I had a conversation with a guy about london and he said how bad it was that the Muslims had bombed it last year. I pointed out that this had come after 30 years of continual bombings by Irish Christians (mostly funded by Americans) so they had a long way to go to catch up. Every group and country and religion has killed someone for not being part of their group and religion is a stupid idea whereby faith is more used to gain personal power rather than for collective benefit.

Look at New York. One of the most diverse cities on the planet. You can buy any kind of food from any kind of culture. Except one. Try eating at a Native American restaurant. There is none. How fucking warped is that in this politicaly correct city. I suppose people feel so guilty after eating that they don't want to feel guilty before too. Questioning why there is no restaurant is part of breaking down stereotypes. Clam bake is a Native American dish. Look into it and you find they didn't just eat bison, corn and wild rice. Look into it a bit more and you start getting into why this PC thing doesn't apply when it comes to the people that actualy lived here first.

What the fuck. Read this and make your own mind up. I am not a martyr. I am not going to die for some cause but I will argue my point and it is always better to argue than resort to ignorant abuse. Believe it or not, I would much rather discuss something with someone with stron opposing views than some spineless person who has never thought of much else than what their credit score is and where to get their latest fix of inverted corn syrup.

Adrian Wilson

I think some of you guys should seriously read what Adrian Wilson is writing, at least he took the time out for a considered response rather than an ill advised, reactionary one. I've been to Supreme many times (and also Hideout and Collette). A huge amount of the people dominating the lines, pushing in and trying to buy up everything up are ASIAN, GET OVER IT. I was at BWS when some asian kid got banned for being rude and reselling. I also got hooked up at Supreme when a group of asian guys not only pushed in but tried to buy up the box sweaters and tees straight away whilst on the mobile making resell deals. I'm not saying they are all the same (asians), but i personally feel that similiar acts of hysterical fandom & reselling has changed the brand, its approach and made the once pleasant shopping experience at my favourite downtown stores a LIVING HELL....

and if you dont agree your a little dishonest , biased, or feel the need to defend your race. I aint even gonna use the excuse 'I have asian friends', sh*t is wack now and queues reign supreme. The employees damn hate it too, Akira is one harsh son of a bitch to those HK kids and some of the effs deserve it...

^who can deny that asians dominate the line-ups, and it's always the same people too. and most are indeed HK kids (resellers or no, i dont actually know).

PS: i thought you hate bape, how could you be at BWS? icon_smile_big.gif and queue reigns supreme, damn supreme should make a tee of it

^yo, my friend (unfortunately!) works there so I sometimes pop up at the store to see whats happening and what they got in lately....not that i'll ever part with cash mind.....lol

he totally hates some of the people who shop there, its the rudeness that kills it for him....

btw 'queues reign supreme' is now TM'd by me icon_smile_wink.gif

sometimes i really wish that i was younger when clothes weren't taken so seriously. yea i like supreme, and i swear its not because of the hype. im just so pissed now that people are so cocky about it when they got nice gear and people lining up for this shit. when i first saw tiffany dunks on tv, i thought that shit was hot, but when i found out there was so much hype about it already, i knew i couldn't get one. i don't want to wait in line for clothes! the culture now is fukn crazy, its all about who has nicer gear than the other, its like a competition to them. i hate the looks that people give u when u got some not so limited edition gear on. they give u that shit like "yea ur shit is ok, but i been got that and im rocking some hotter shit bitch". and from what i see, it looks like it ain't slowing down, there's people lining up outside recon since tues. for the am96s to be released on SATURDAY! wtf man, another shoe gone...

i have no comment on the racial debate going on haha. the only thing is that people keep saying that u don't deserve to wear supreme or whatever just because its a skate shop n shit, but yo, that's like saying some guy that's never played ball before wearing a bball jersey. i used to skate when i was little, but i know that im just not born for that shit man, my blalance is wack and i fall hard lol. but who cares if u don't skate, there's all different points of views that can be taken to make ur self look hypocritical.

i also hate logo filled kids all over their clothes, i hate that corny ass shit