Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

the SO500 has enough indigo to go around man. I've been wearing mine for 8.5 months, hot washed and thrown in the dryer like 6 or 7 times (heavy duty) and they still bleed when i wash them. believe me, you'll have enough indigo left over.mine look like this now and they still bleed when washed.

852250601_028818bed9.jpg

balls. still bleeding? wow. those look good.

the whole "soak your jeans and be careful or youll lose the indigo" paranoia is plain silly. if theyre decent jeans, a hot wash (i mean in the actual wahser machine, not this caveman bathtub agitation shit) to start out with isnt going to hurt your jeans color. in fact, i really doubt most would be able to tell much difference afterwards.

i think the idea of preserving the indigo really appeals to anal control freaks like me. lots of things like that don't have to be based in reality....

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean actually agitating on hot? I didn't want them to bleed, so I just soaked...

If I'd wanted a less controlled shrink, I would have thrown them in the dryer, but that seems like it could be pretty extreme.

NO, dont agitate in hot. do this only after 6 months or whenever you're ready for hard wash.

I think poly assumed you've worn these for a while and are ready for hard wash.

If you want max shrinkage, soak in hot (no agitate) and put in dryer. Again, only agitate after months of wear.

I've also heard (dont know if it's true), to get max shrinkage you should soak in hot water, put jeans in the freezer, put frozen jeans in warm dryer.

But now we're just getting plain silly...

no, you really shouldn't have to worry about these. new, these have enough indigo to last a while. just run it new through the hot wash and you'll maximize shrinkage and be good to go for a long while.
i have to agree with poly... the only way to lose indigo on these jeans is beat the shit out of them. washes never leave mine much lighter, just cleaner and better fitting.

Don't mess with Texas.

no, you really shouldn't have to worry about these. new, these have enough indigo to last a while. just run it new through the hot wash and you'll maximize shrinkage and be good to go for a long while.

so agitating vs. hot soak actually increases shrinkage?

huh?

In my humble opinion...

Even though both poly's and cheep's sams look great, they would have looked even better if they would not have been washed so much.

They both lost a little more indigo then i would have liked (if the jeans were mine).

With less washing, poly's honeycombs would not have shifted and would look much clearer.

CMF sams would have more contrast and the creasing would have been even more 3D.

I say this because i remenber him posting a teaser pic that had ridiculous 3d fading, but after the wash something was lost.

so agitating vs. hot soak actually increases shrinkage?

huh?

I did the same for both my s500xx and s5000bk's and they both fit much better than they did after they hottest soaks. After you hot wash your s5000, they will fit much differently.

there are so many different methods to go about this. Serge swears by not washing or soaking. Kiya says the hot water opens up the cotton. It's all trial and error. I swear by the dryer. Cheap doesn't use a dryer. Everyone has their own methods and personally, I'm pleased with the methods i've used this far.

the whole "soak your jeans and be careful or youll lose the indigo" paranoia is plain silly. if theyre decent jeans, a hot wash (i mean in the actual wahser machine, not this caveman bathtub agitation shit) to start out with isnt going to hurt your jeans color. in fact, i really doubt most would be able to tell much difference afterwards.

I totally agree!

Laughing Bhudda, I'm almost your exact same waist size, height and weight. How thick are your legs? (sorry sounds so gay...). I'm looking forward to post-soak pics.

I assume not, but did anyone get the 0-210xj (Wrangler style)? I'm trying to discern if the fit is identical to the 0110xj.

I assume not, but did anyone get the 0-210xj (Wrangler style)? I'm trying to discern if the fit is identical to the 0110xj.

Fit should be similar but they might be a size smaller than 110s. I'm going to get a pair but I'm waiting for BiG to get them.

Looks great plogin, but are those purple old skools? If they are, where did you get them?!

thanks camel, and yeah those are purple old skools...got them from a local skate store around my area!

Plongin - Looks like they shrank up a bit more. Great fit, I think. Are you still concerned about them being too big? Don't be.

hey dude, thanks alot.:) nah im not too concerned with them being too big anymore. should be fine.

i have to agree with poly... the only way to lose indigo on these jeans is beat the shit out of them. washes never leave mine much lighter, just cleaner and better fitting.

yeah actually to be honest, after hot soaking for the first time, i expected to lose alot of indigo, but the water was only slightly murky green, not much loss at all. and i swear they look even darker now then when they were unwashed.

thanks camel, and yeah those are purple old skools...got them from a local skate store around my area!

hey dude, thanks alot.:) nah im not too concerned with them being too big anymore. should be fine.

yeah actually to be honest, after hot soaking for the first time, i expected to lose alot of indigo, but the water was only slightly murky green, not much loss at all. and i swear they look even darker now then when they were unwashed.

i mean, one of the reasons we all buy japanese brands is because they are dyed well. So why are we all afraid of losing so much indigo with a initial hot wash?

hmmm...gave them a hot soak overnight and wore them damp to make sure that the really really tight waistband didn't get any tighter. After about 8 hours of activity, they're already a bit big around the hips, despite being sized 2 down. Really hoping the denim takes a bunch of washes to shrink all the way because I'm almost considering going down 3.

Post soak pics:

DSC04561.jpg

DSC04564.jpg

hah, creasing looks mad nuts already. shouldntve worn em wet though, id say thats the culprit im them being too loose so soon. i wear mine wet, but the cuts wayyy skinnier

i think they look good though for what its worth. id consider getting them hemmed a bit however

The one back pocket is like a curse...

spec_img2.jpg

Perfect opp for some customization... Just slap on another pocket...

Pick a denim... any denim, and stick on another pocket. (you've got hookups at Sam... just ask them to send you a pocket from some of their other jeans...)

edit: or go like these... and stick a leather one on.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4724/my7161closejune222007xw4.jpg

AFAIK they remove them as soon as they arrive. Because it's illegal to sell them with them intact. meaning they aren't really likely to sell them to YOU as such.

Buy from rakuten, or contact Parachutes

well, since i made the original post, i was actually talking about levi's disturbing business practices, but since it came up...as last i was made aware of, it seems that once the initial ban was put into motion by LS&co., samurai didn't seem to be too concerned, probably since there was(and STILL is) only one store here in the US that stocked them, and they cant sell but so many, since the avg. yank only spends 30bucks a pair. LS&co. turned up the heat, so now they ship them sans tabs &arcs. when i went to yuji, he had an employee take them off. fashion , as we all should be able to see, is what leads to the demise of quality in the denim industry. the arcs and tab are just a fashion item. everything on my sammies has a utilitarian function, because they are intended first to be what their ancestors were... work wear. when i get my oni blues, i will leave the tags/arcs on, but only because they dont resemble levis. im not trying to convince anyone to start a arctuate/tab banning movement, its just personal choice. but you must admit, i have a few valid points.-salaami-