Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word. im thinking of them for my next samurais. you have the 710s like i do, i was thinking go one up from my 710s for the 5000s, yay or nay? i dont want them hugging my ass and thighs like my 710s do, 'specially considering im looking at the 21ozers

word. im thinking of them for my next samurais. you have the 710s like i do, i was thinking go one up from my 710s for the 5000s, yay or nay? i dont want them hugging my ass and thighs like my 710s do, 'specially considering im looking at the 21ozers

I would get the same size as your 710s dino. If you got a 31 might actually be a little loose. Also the zero denim takes a while to get all the shrinkage out of the way. So you might consider only sizing up 1. Even getting a size lower than your 710s (lot.9), your jeans will still not be tight on your thighs. Well I wouldnt think so and maybe the 21oz denim won't shrink as much? There many variables to consider here.

Yeah lot. 9 was a size bigger but the 5000 was always cut relatively huge by measurement because of its low rise. If you remember back when the BK was first released everyone had completely differnet sizing.

Damn, I have lot 9 and they fit a little big to begin with, but now they stretched out :( Wish I knew about lot 9 being bigger before I bought them...

Damn, I have lot 9 and they fit a little big to begin with, but now they stretched out :( Wish I knew about lot 9 being bigger before I bought them...

You could'nt have known...they just started downsizing with lot 10...

Yeah - zero denim shrinks plenty, just wait and wear and wash..

Yeah - zero denim shrinks plenty, just wait and wear and wash..

Another lot 9er. Sized down 1 to 31 and after hot soak, dry, try on, hot soak again, try on again they didn't shrink much. Waist stayed the same and now stretched to 34 1/2 ". They sit on the hips very comfortably but only because my arse stops them from falling lower. The cut + weight of the denim = no drape, and because my upper leg is thin, they flatten front and back and flare bellow the hip. I'm thinking I should have sized down 2 but then they wouldn't be so comfortable and I wanted a wider leg opening jean.

I might have to take them to a laundromat and dump them into a dryer on hottest.

And now I'm looking at PBJs that start of a half inch wider in the waist when raw for the same size and I'm agonizing again. 31 or one more down to 30 because they are a looser weave and should stretch more. Oh the pain of internet buying!

From left to right.. 5000vx pre soak and pre hem; after 4 Months flare on right but just as bad on left if standing straight; & sometimes no hip flare. (hemmed by an inch or two)

31presoakjt7.jpg31flare4monthswk0.jpg31noflare4monthsbx2.jpg

and lot 9 is supposedly bigger than 10 yes?

I just measured my lot 9 vx and my lot 10 bk and they are absolutely identical. both have had one hot soak. I don't know if this a a fluke or what, but I guess they are not always different

is there anywhere with more info about the 5000 21oz? when were they announced? when are they available?

end of this year. theres more info on some japanese site(s), but i dont speak japanese

S710. I own both. Hunt around the New Samurai model thread and the Imperial thread (some way back for that one), because I have fit pics of both floating around sufu. It's similar, not exactly the same, but the denim is just better imo (no offence to the Imperal, guys. just imo).