Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

So does that mean that the rest of the jean is smaller as well (in proportion with the waist)? Or did they just get baggier due to the size reduction in only the waist?
I measured everything but the waist to be the same. The waist about 1.5-2 inches smaller in the same size. Everything else was the same.

wow that sucks alot

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gordon was saying specifically that the jeans he got in this month are running 2 inches smaller than even other recent samurais.

I hope that's not the case with the 110xjs I ordered from BiG. I went with the same size as my lot 10 s0500s, and I definitely wouldn't be able to give up two inches in the waist. But if the rest of the cut is the same I can't size up either, or else they'd be way too big in the thighs/legs for me.

assuming that all the 710s do come from the same place, ordering from japan or big would be exactly the same...

so what's the verdict on the sizing?

Depending on which batch your jeans are. My Lot 10 (previous batch) was coherent with the old BIG Charts. But this new batch is supposedly true to size. Go with your True waist size instead of sizing down 1, the 710 sit just below the naval so measure there and buy the right size accordingly. They will be tight in the waist in the beginning, live with it. It will stretch.

assuming that all the 710s do come from the same place, ordering from japan or big would be exactly the same...

so what's the verdict on the sizing?

Depending on which batch your jeans are. My Lot 10 (previous batch) was coherent with the old BIG Charts. But this new batch is supposedly true to size. Go with your True waist size instead of sizing down 1, the 710 sit just below the naval so measure there and buy the right size accordingly. They will be tight in the waist in the beginning, live with it. It will stretch.

Well, I got my size 29 S0110xjs from BiG and they barely measure 28 across the waist pre-shrunk. Looks like I'm just going to have to return them, as I can barely button them up as is. I don't know why Samurai changed their cuts like this, it makes many of the pairs just too baggy for me in the waist size I need.

eh so is it too loose or too tight?

Well, I got my size 29 S0110xjs from BiG and they barely measure 28 across the waist pre-shrunk. Looks like I'm just going to have to return them, as I can barely button them up as is. I don't know why Samurai changed their cuts like this, it makes many of the pairs just too baggy for me in the waist size I need.

edit, nvm....