Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, so i've been watching all these 710s and my jealously levels are seriously piqued. don't want to break my no buying new denim policy though, as it's been going well.

sooooo...

anyone interested in trading a pair of 710s for the S0710WXs that have been hanging in my wardrobe for a year? (they're the export model of the 0500s, with the black arcs and white tab.)

mine are Lot 9, size W34L36, soaked and unworn. would be looking for a pair in the same condition and, ideally a 33W - guess that would be labelled 35 with all this Lot 10 bidnass???

i'm in London, can send pics to anyone interested.

i recently bought some lot 10 0500's and they are surprisingly larger below the knee than i was expecting. even after a long hot soak. doesn't seem to be much of a taper at all...kinda bummed me out at first but i'm getting used to it at this point. was curious if this was unique to the lot 10's and just goes along with the other lot 10 issues as of late...

i recently bought some lot 10 0500's and they are surprisingly larger below the knee than i was expecting. even after a long hot soak. doesn't seem to be much of a taper at all...kinda bummed me out at first but i'm getting used to it at this point. was curious if this was unique to the lot 10's and just goes along with the other lot 10 issues as of late...

I felt the same with my lot 10 pair. I just measured, the taper is only .8". Checked the BiG site, my size 31 is supposed to have 1.5" taper. What's going on here?

I felt the same with my lot 10 pair. I just measured, the taper is only .8". Checked the BiG site, my size 31 is supposed to have 1.5" taper. What's going on here?

yeah mine measure out to about a 1" taper...certainly not 2, as per the info on BiG site.

mine came from americaya though...

yeah you're right, it surprised me too. i sized down one as well!

Plongin - did you soak or wash?

Soaking Sam's just doesn't get rid of all the shrinking...you need to hot wash at least once (sometimes twice) for them to get down to the ideal size.

Samurai S710XX 19oz, Straight Cut / Slim Fit

31" x 34.5" (hemmed) presoak

One day hanged dry after warm soak.

Pardon the lousy image quality, I didn't have my flash on me.

did you get your true size?

i don't mean to spam, but i mentioned earlier in this thread that i was having a sale for a week on items purchased through 2nd. the goods news is i've extended the sale indefinitely, and from now on all items ordered through 2nd will be processed for an 8% service charge regardless of price, making this the cheapest option for those wishing to purchase items from this particular store. please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

cheers,

cyberPUNK

Plongin - did you soak or wash?

Soaking Sam's just doesn't get rid of all the shrinking...you need to hot wash at least once (sometimes twice) for them to get down to the ideal size.

very true. i just made myself a "ditty" bag out of the left leg cut-off from hemming a pair of 510 19oz.(lot 10), and some kaihara denim. after i finished sewing the pouch i boiled it for about 10 minutes after a cold soak( i thought the cold/hot would make it shrink more.) it didn't shrink that much @ all, just like the jeans did. i sized down 1 instead of two, since people said that the thicker denim shrinks so much, but next time i'll get a 29 instead of a 30'. i'll post pictures of the bag one day...today i'm spending the day doing some major-level repair work. i don't have much real(cotton) thread other than what i could get from deconstructing a leg-trimming, so ima use the chocolate-colored thread hoes use to sew in tracks("weave" for you suburbanites). i've never yanked a bitch's weave out in bed(yet) so it should hold up. bitch-tested, nigga approved...