Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are ok collie.. just unfortunate to have bought some shrink-to-fit denim which only just fits you prior to shrinking. therefore you gonna have to wear them without ever soaking/washing, unless you have some way of keeping the shape. eg wearing in the bath, or til they dry. but you will still lose length. you can however get them dry cleaned as i said earlier.

most websites have the tagged size (what it will shrink to) and the sizes pre soak which are always bigger than you need. the trick is to get the right size for you that will fit best after soaking.

you can also buy jeans that are already one wash, so the shrinking has been taken out for you. in which case you buy the correct size.

hope you didnt already know all this.. but hey..

really funny because in the beginning i was really switching it up with much more fitting /tighter cut than what I used to rock and now i basically think the fit is perfect as is but im sure most sufuers would be happier with a soak/shrink. Once i figure out how to post pictures i hopefully can get some opinions.

As for a few of the comments I dont think ill be able to make it without soaking these and i am not to confident in drycleaning for some reason but maybe they will stretch out some more (or no?) because they just started getting really broken in with combs+whiskers and showing real progress imo

i posted fit pics a while back of my lot 10's. not sure if they were a part of the strange lot or not since they were an inch bigger than tag in raw state. decided to soak them today to see if they were going to work out or if i needed to sell them. here are some post fit pics and measurements. these were bought from 2nd in case anyone was wondering.

tag sized 29. raw size was 30 lot 10.

0500fitlj5.jpg

soaked0500fitpn5.jpg

pre soak measurement on left/post soak on the right

waist 15/14 (stretched back out to 30 after a few minutes of wear)

front rise 11/10

back rise 15/14.5

thigh 11.5/11

knee 8.5/8

hem 8/7.5

inseam 39/37

I actually sized up from 32" because I measured them in store and they only measured a little bit past 33" raw and were supposed to shrink one inch, but it worked to my benefit in the end. Otherwise they'd be baggier which I didn't want.

sounds they are part of the lot 10 mess. are they lot 10 and where did you get them?

expect them to be rough. thats part of the whole raw denim concept. you can take your chances and hot wash and hope they stretch or you can lost them on the supermarket and get a bigger size.

sounds they are part of the lot 10 mess. are they lot 10 and where did you get them?

expect them to be rough. thats part of the whole raw denim concept. you can take your chances and hot wash and hope they stretch or you can lost them on the supermarket and get a bigger size.

yes they are lot 10 and i got them through a proxy from 2nd. I'm considering to hotsoak everything but the waist, and try to stretch the waist out. I don't know if it will work though

so i got my s710xx in the mail today... they are size 31 but they measure waist 30-31. since im waist 32, what should i do? they are very rough and hard to put on -_-. I bought it from 2nd

i had the same problem just last week. you may be able to return them for a different size (postage costs etc), otherwise you could just sell them and buy a different size, asking whomever you get them from to make sure the new jeans measure the size you require when raw. it is frustrating but not getting the right size is one of the drawbacks from buying online.

if you did decide to get a new pair, you could try blue in green where they will be able to tell you exactly which size you need. you just wont get the arcuates/tab on them though.

good luck

i had the same problem just last week. you may be able to return them for a different size (postage costs etc), otherwise you could just sell them and buy a different size, asking whomever you get them from to make sure the new jeans measure the size you require when raw. it is frustrating but not getting the right size is one of the drawbacks from buying online.

if you did decide to get a new pair, you could try blue in green where they will be able to tell you exactly which size you need. you just wont get the arcuates/tab on them though.

good luck

thanks what did you do with your lot 10s?

good luck

shit i didnt know 2nd took returns for the lot 10 error. makes sense i guess but i just assumed all sales are final.