Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 710's

---------------------

Size 29 (Size down 1 from my True waist measurement)

Pre soak ----

Waist - 30.5

Thigh ~ 11.5

Leg Opening - 7.5

Post Soak----

Waist - 29

Thigh ~ 11

Leg Opening ~ 7.2

---------

I'm 6 ' 2 and 145 lbs.

I soaked them for 3 hours in Hot water + kept changing and heating up more water on the stove every 30 mins or so. Everytime I poured out the lukewarm water it was about 20% opaque filled with indigo + starch. They shrunk very fast in the waist band but the inseam and thighs/hem took quite a bit longer.. The inseam at this point is still not down to a 36 like tagged but about 37. I am happy with the way these fit at the moment!

Samurai denim and raw denim in general is new to mee, and so far I am very excited. If you decide to go with Samurai for your first pair like I did, you will not be disapointed! The denim feels and looks soo different than anything I have ever seen before.

Thanks for the help guys!

Oh and the jeans apear much lighter in the pictures than in real life. They look almost black when they are indoor >.<! Crazy.

IMG_2592_.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

I apologize for my shoes >< hahaha...

bring on the flames.

does anyone have a fit pictures of the 710's worn on the hips or lower? i know they're not supposed to be worn like that, but i'd like to see... thanks! great fit by the way

Im trying to get them to sit a little lower but they are still tight! Maybe in a couple days/weeks.

give it some time .legacy, took almost 3 weeks before my jeans stretched enough for me to wear em lower. however i did soak/hot dryer em 2 more times after the initial soak to get the shrinking out of the way, now theyre real comfortable.

yea not worried,

well maybe, I think I could of probably sized down 2 and got away with a better fit in the waist after stretching.

a few more shots of my S0500xx with more intense natural light x-posted from evolution thread

back:

img1578so7.jpg

img1579fr1.jpg

honeycombzzzz:

img1580gk6.jpg

img1581qd1.jpg

unhidden hidden rivet:

img1584lp0.jpg

front shot:

img1586rw5.jpg

Ok, was looking through the BiG site. If i'm looking for a full cut straight leg, which model should I go for? I see so many options for straight leg relaxed fits....S0110XJ, relaxed fit XX III, relaxed fit XX 19oz II....which one?

I just got a pair of S0110XJ and I love them. The fit is great and the details are amazing.