Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Hey guys, im new to this and I'm still deciding on what size in the 710's to get.:confused: I have a pair of size 30 APC NS and a size 31 Dior 19cm mij. Does anyone have these jeans and what is their equivalent sizing for a similar fit in sams? Thanks!

I have 29s in 19cm MIJ and 28 in APC new cures. The new cures are too tight and my diors are getting loose. I have the 710s in 29 and they fit perfect after almost a week of stretching them...They look more like my 19cms.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, im new to this and I'm still deciding on what size in the 710's to get.:confused: I have a pair of size 30 APC NS and a size 31 Dior 19cm mij. Does anyone have these jeans and what is their equivalent sizing for a similar fit in sams? Thanks!

1 size up from your ns's...so a 31.

take gimme's advice.. i had a 31 in NS, wanted something more tapered and slim, he suggested a 31 in the 710's, and they fit great...

The fit on the 710's is completely different than that of the NS.. as is the denim..

Be prepared for a good time trying to button them after the initial wash... took me 25 mintes to get my damp pair on...

went through most of the thread and I couldnt find the answer to my question.

I need measurement of the thighs of Sams 710 model size 29 and 28 POST SOAK.

Please and Thanks, if anyone can help?

I have a pair of imp dukes and want a pair of 5000bk's now, but Im looking for something more roomy. My true waist is a 30, should I go with true size or size down 1 for the fit im looking for?

If you want roomy...stay true to size. I sized down one on my 5000's and they're pretty snug...but everyone else seems to think that they stretch enough to warrant going down 2. Personally...I'd go with a 30.

Guest ilikeskating

according to the BIG charts, both are 11.5 inchs pre soak. they would shrink at MOST .5 inches, and stretch out a little bit

thanks, I think ill go with the 28 then.

Snoopy asked for advice...and .Legacy is taking the advice...hmmmmm...:rolleyes:

1 size up from your ns's...so a 31.
take gimme's advice.. i had a 31 in NS, wanted something more tapered and slim, he suggested a 31 in the 710's, and they fit great...

The fit on the 710's is completely different than that of the NS.. as is the denim..

Be prepared for a good time trying to button them after the initial wash... took me 25 mintes to get my damp pair on...

Alright, I just measured my diors and they've stretched to 17.5in across the back of the waist laid flat. They are the perfect size for me to wear low enough for some sag. The sams have that much stretch reaching approximately the same size if I get the 710s in the size 31?? thanks all

sufu noob here. just thought i'd post up saying how helpful this thread was and thanks to all those that contributed. despite not much info on jins, i decided to pick up the 110XJs. pretty happy with them so far, and the LHT is just crazy.

sized down 1 (normal 29, got a 28). thanks also to BiG for supplying.

here are some pre/post soak fits (if anyone cares, i have measurements as well). and before anyone says anything, yes i am very short.

IMG_3367Small.jpgIMG_3394Small.jpg

IMG_3368Small.jpgIMG_3395Small.jpg

IMG_3372Small.jpgIMG_3399Small.jpg

^^^^^

those fit pics tripped me out

the first picture (no soak from the back) make them look SO BAGGY

but in reality its a really good fit post soak, maybe you should get them hemmed by about 1-2 inches, it might give you the option to stack OR cuff (instead of stacking with a cuff right now)

or whatever you prefer, either way good choice on those sams

sillybrian, the jins are awesome aren't they? I just got mine last week- my first samurais. What's kinda weird though is that yours look baggier one size down than mine do at my normal size. I guess because I did a hot wash and used the dryer maybe? Maybe people soaking in general is why everyone thinks Samurais must be sized down. Sizing down also decreases the width of the hem and I wear boots a lot so in my case I'm glad I didn't size down. However Im thinking the bootcut Jins sized down 1 and worn with boots would make for an awesome silhouette.

sillybrian, the jins are awesome aren't they? I just got mine last week- my first samurais. What's kinda weird though is that yours look baggier one size down than mine do at my normal size. I guess because I did a hot wash and used the dryer maybe? Maybe people soaking in general is why everyone thinks Samurais must be sized down. Sizing down also decreases the width of the hem and I wear boots a lot so in my case I'm glad I didn't size down. However Im thinking the bootcut Jins sized down 1 and worn with boots would make for an awesome silhouette.

I think it's more because they stretch perfectly fine. Also, a lot of people soak and wash or just wash

after seeing more and more pics of the jins

im slowly falling in love with the unique denim and cut, im wondering whether they are gonna replace my s0710XX as next purchase

hmm choices choices

>cldpsu

They definately do stretch just fine. I guess I just feel like the coolest thing about the 50s Lee type cuts (also 1955 501s) is that slight bagginess in the thigh, so I didn't want to eliminate that by sizing down. It's funny that as much as James Dean is considered to have worn tight jeans, the same kinda look is considered borderline relaxed in here. I've had a girl call my jeans tight when I was wearing 1952 lees with like 3 inches of slack in the thigh. ;)

After I've worn this pair out (hopefully not too quickly), I'll know better whether I should size down 1 for my next pair. In any case it looks like sizing down 1 was a good idea for sillybrian.

Does anybody know where i can get a pair of s710s in a size 30?

Big doesnt have it

2nd doesnt have it

Anyone know who has them in stock?

Try Take5 jeans in HK. Best thing to do is email them at [email protected]. I've bought stuff from them before through email (i'm also in the bay area). They are easy and pleasant to deal with, speak english, and have pretty good response time and shipping.

Try Take5 jeans in HK. Best thing to do is email them at [email protected]. I've bought stuff from them before through email (i'm also in the bay area). They are easy and pleasant to deal with, speak english, and have pretty good response time and shipping.

Thanks.When you ordered from them you did you get hit by customs for a fee?

By a lot. I ordered a pair of SDAs from C-point and paid $190. When take5 quoted me a price it was like $280. That's BIG prices.