Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what is with this recnt flurry of sizing questions?

All Samurai models shrink to a 35" inseam after repeated washings. The general size consensus is buy true to size for a regular fit and size dowm one for a slim fit.

The models in range of slimmest to loosest are: 710, s0500, s5000, s0110, s0510, s3000, s7000. Hope this clears things up.

All Samurai models shrink to a 35" inseam after repeated washings. The general size consensus is buy true to size for a regular fit and size dowm one for a slim fit.

The models in range of slimmest to loosest are: 710, s0500, s5000, s0110, s0510, s3000, s7000. Hope this clears things up.

thank you so very much :D

Guest ilikeskating

so what you're saying is that sammies shrink 1 inch more than tagged length

Someone mentioned something about methods of soaking that involve adding stuff like salt I believe in order for the color not to lighten or at least minimally. Any new methods or anyone care to explain the results?

Sams have plenty of indigo to make it through a soaking...people have different little things they like to do...but nothing is mandatory, and I've yet to see any difference between when someone throws vinegar or salt or whatever in the water.

...then you got the wrong size.

A lot of people do cold soaks and cold washes to keep the denim dark, rather than washed out. I wash almost all my denim in cold water, unless they already seem to me to be past my threshold for dark denim.

Which model are these? :confused:

image02.jpg

they have what looks like the take5 X samurai colored arcurate stitching

but im pretty sure ed would be a better judge of this, on account of that hes been to take5 and probably seen (or bought :)) in person

the red tab is not suppose to be there if this are the take5 collab and the leather patch is different.. the pach on the take5 collab is the same patch as the wx export models.. hmmm what are these im intrigue..

A lot of people do cold soaks and cold washes to keep the denim dark, rather than washed out. I wash almost all my denim in cold water, unless they already seem to me to be past my threshold for dark denim.

He's not talking about keeping the denim dark...he's talking about preventing shrinkage.

Which model are these? :confused:

image02.jpg

Collab with Unique Jeans Store, in Sapporo. (Note the map of Hokkaido on the flasher.)

Note also the treatment given to the Wrangler-type repro collab with the same shop:

970-3.jpg

Triple-stiched yoke, white 'S' type accurate, "Unique" on the leather patch. Also a crotch-rivet in front. On the whole I prefer the SO210XJ, but interesting nevertheless.

hi im kind of new to the samurai denim. i was wondering what kind of fits do they have and how may i purchase them? thanks

what kind of fit are you looking for? slim? standard? loose? staright? bootcut? waist size?