Vintage Denim?

johnmc

killer b said:
very nice dr. are you going to wear them?

Certainly one day, maybe after my roys. I have at least six pairs to choose from so I'm in no hurry.

I'd have to soak/wash them as they're a little musty.

cheapmuthafukr said:
hed better wear em... a waste if he doesnt

That's a very narrow point of view imo.

Although they are 'just jeans' , I see each raw pair waiting to be worn as a thing of beauty. I spend too long looking at them, admiring the different details....

Plus I may keep a pair or two squirrelled away for a very rainy day. Or as a present to my son when he's older.

Edit: they have been valued at around 3k so not such a waste after all :P

Edited by Dr_Heech

hhmmm can see where your coming from but these are ripped up from manual labour and wear not for fashion!

I get ya'.

I think it's also because they're machined washed so much. they just look like it to me.

They're a cool pair for sure, but they look like any other 80's worn out pair to me.

hhmmm can see where your coming from but these are ripped up from manual labour and wear not for fashion!

Do you know the actual story behind these jeans( their previous owner etc..)? Or are you only assuming that wear is from manual labour? Big fan of vintage denim myself, but something being vintage doesnt always necessarily mean it was "work wear". I've read cool kids in the 50's used to beat up their Levi's with baseball bats and leave em outside so sunshine would speed up their fading. Not saying that was the case with this pair, but sometimes people seem to forget that "fashion" has been here for ages...

I like your blog btw, and really appreciate all your contributions to this thread.

Thanks for reading my blog!

Yeah i think these were actually found on a ranch, from memory they are a 30 inch waist so I think they would of been handed down through a family, my bad pictures don't do them justice, its unbelievable how much stress and patching up has gone into them, like there is only one hidden rivet left!

For me they really stand out of the hundreds of big E jeans I have come across and I wish I could afford them! unfortunately Japanese kids and design teams pay top dollar for this kind of distressing!

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, thanks for posting those, Dr. So we know what the extra 2 or 3 means? I have seen mentioned that this refers to the longer lengths, but have no idea if this is true.

Your guess is as good as mine on this one(?)

I've only ever noticed the 1501 moniker in the past.

One of the ebay sellers seems to think that it is refering to the lengths, but only the great Downey would know for sure.

Exactly, the rounded rivets always seem to feature on the early redlines, I don't know the exact date, but IIRC chainstitching, rounded rivets seems to arrive around the same time as the first redlines.

Thanks Paul, I sent this person a message asking if I could use pictures of these #1's in our next book. I was talking with a Levi employee and he said the archives don't have an example of a #1 label? Not sure if that is true.

X-posted from the jean jacket thread. Thought there might be some interest here...

I don't know much about jean jackets or vintage denim, but I figured I'd post this up on here for y'all.

This is my dad's old Foremost JC Penney denim jacket. I'm guessing its from the 60's or 70's. If y'all have any info on it, I'd be interested to hear. It's too small for me, so I'm considering selling it.

If you are interested in any particular details, I'd gladly take more/better pictures.

J7Cdq.jpg

n5LSV.jpg

rDqVX.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...