Edwin Denim

MyMindSpray

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly Edwin started as a mainstream denim brand certainly up to the late 80s. Somewhere along the way (late 90s) it suddenly became "upmarket" due to the "exploding" popularity of Japanese denim, especially shuttle loom fabric. I remember buying/wearing my first pair of Edwins sometime around 88/89 but there was nothing about it's design that really stood out or was remarkable. It was just another pair among my staple of 501s and Lees. It certainly is quite mainstream in the Far East. I haven't bought another pair since, but I am pretty sure their high end models are on par with the best of them. My guess is they have both a premium, "vintage" line and a more -- albeit cheaper -- mainstream one.

Edited by Lex2 on Apr 25, 2005 at 02:18 AM

• 3 months later...
Quote:

Can anyone tell me about the differences between the fit of the Edwin Ran versus the Edwin Sen? Preferences? opinions? thanks

--- Original message by shinobi2000 on Apr 24, 2005 10:29 PM

Hey y'all,

I'm considering picking up a pair of dry black Edwin Sens and I was just wondering if someone could school me in how they fit in relation to the Nudie reg ralf...i have size 33 in the RR and was wondering if I should go w/ the same in the Edwins...

Thanks in advance!

I first saw Edwin jeans in about '84. This was the very beginning of the stonewash/acid wash trend and they had very nice washes, for the day. I bought a pair each in dark brown and sort of a wet sand color. They were unlike anything anyone else had at the time. The cuts, though, were standard for the time, high waist and tapered leg, they would look very stupid nowadays. I wore them with black Reebok sneakers that everyone wore then and thought I was the shit. icon_smile_cool.gif

Recently tried on a pair, not sure which model, they were nice heavy denim and a nice wash, but they didn't fit me in any kind of flattering way. The legs were super baggy.

it just seems that most japanese denim (edwin, evisu, etc..) have cuts that westerners don't like..

such as the really baggy thighs then the tapered bottom.

-k

Quote:

nope i havnt worn myn yet, still wearing in my nashvilles, to be honest im not that keen on them

so if any one wants to pic some up, unwashed 32" waist Ed-47s

pm me

--- Original message by witts on Aug 20, 2005 10:40 AM

Not too keen on the ED47s, how come?

Mine were godawfully tight at first, and honestly somewhat uncomfortable, but they've loosened waaaaayyy up and now they fit me perfectly. I like them a lot. I don't really like that I have to have 2" cuffs on them though...

I am interested in those ED47s. Are they just a replica of the levis 1947 brand? Do they shrink like the levis and how much would you want for them?

PEACE

Are your ed-47s selvedge or not and how many times do you think you have worn them?