I can't concentrate on my research

Mr Calvin Oscar

adderall +1

its ok calvin let me give you a hug ;)

I tried adderall once, and it was basically LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY LIFE to some random girl on facebook and then I went back to goofing off

oh well, sup last-minute natural asian study ability

its ok. I have an organic chemistry final this friday and i dont know shit. Fucking facebook bejeweled is so distracting

block that shit

if u use OSX get dis joint called "SelfControl" its like an app for ppl who have none

and iono bout fckin with adderall

i just stack nodoz and l-theanine

it makes u alert and focused but not necessarily super duper zoned calm like adderall would (never tried it so ymmv)

:confused:

I tried adderall once, and it was basically LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY LIFE to some random girl on facebook and then I went back to goofing off

I just took adderall two-ish hours ago for the first time and I'm having the same problem. I just want to talk, about everything, all the time.

..So much for getting this history paper done..

lol at all you adderall ppl with meth mouth. That shit gets me through some tough times, including an all nighter last night. Helped me study like a maniac for the GRE, and lay some ground work on my own undergrad research. not really worried about my finals next week. Got 3 left, should be enough to fuel 3 separate 8 hour power sessions.

Only side effect for me is that I get the shits

yeah, it helps you focus, but it's your responsibility to make sure you're focusing on work, not play.

i recommend using this app called Self Control (for mac only) that disables you from going on certain websites

I spent the last 20+ hours dicking around about writing three 5 page papers that are/past due, getting absolutely nothing done.

Somehow, reading this thread with absolutely nothing of substance of wisdom in it pushed me to get serious and get things done.

Thanks, OP. +rep

Only side effect for me is that I get the shits

Appetite loss? Dry mouth? Clenched jaw?

With too many instead of going from distractable to focused, my metal state can get hyperfocused - like when driving a car, just focusing on the bumper bar of the car in front, not the whole of your surroundings (pedestrians, turning cars, blind spots...). I also think I'm a little more clumsy, bumping into things and knocking things over more than I normally would.

Appetite loss? Dry mouth? Clenched jaw?

With too many instead of going from distractable to focused, my metal state can get hyperfocused - like when driving a car, just focusing on the bumper bar of the car in front, not the whole of your surroundings (pedestrians, turning cars, blind spots...). I also think I'm a little more clumsy, bumping into things and knocking things over more than I normally would.

Not really any of those side effects except for maybe the clenched jaw now and again. I'll study so long I forget to eat but i get so damn hungry i need to take a break.

At my dosage I liken it to a nice strong caffeine buzz which lasts for around 8 hours. Occasionally I catch myself day dreaming or getting lost in what ever i'm listening to, but its easy to snap out of when I realize what's causing these intense thoughts is completely artificial. After that i dive back into what ever ridiculous dense material I was studying and crank up the dave brubeck.

• 2 weeks later...