Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Yeah, the black jeans are different:

And the worker pants I mentioned a few pages back will be released here in the 0200 cut, by the looks of things. Not much use to me, though...

The black jeans are the best pair. The other pair looks like it has exposed selvedge on the back pocket; not sure how I feel about that.

Are you talking about those chambray work pants?

Thanks for that, I definitely want the red tab but don't particularly want the gulls. Anyone know of any Japanese sellers with plain pocket No.1's?
^ I don't remember seeing any of that combination when I searched for "EVISU NO.1 2000" on rakuten.

Yeah try the Evisu webshop

http://shop.evisu.jp

Think INSIDE the box... lmao. Enjoy, plenty of plain pockets here.

I ordered from Earthmarket.

Proxying from Japan was like around $398.00 USD

they don't ship overseas

So did you or did you not use a proxy. The whole point of using a proxy is so that they buy it ship it to them in japan and then proxy it on to you overseas.

is there a difference in durability and quality between hand painted arcs and screen printed (is that correct?) ?

To be honest i would expect that screen paints would be more durable. However i do not know this from experience!

All of my denim has been hand painted. Though i would guess the paint that is used, the technique and the process for screen printed guls are made to be specially durable. With the hand painted guls they are just normal fabric paint and a hot iron afterwards. You also have to remember the process of hand painting with a brush and the screen printing form different bonds on the fabric. Along with the fact that hand painting might use less paint.

Are you talking about those chambray work pants?

Nah, they're standard Evisu length as far as I can see.

The work pants are going to be a Stronghold/Blue Bell inspired and they're not due out for a good few months...The sample pairs will more than likely be too short for me, so something else will have to be found...

On a different tack, the 2101s are getting washed sometime this weekend, all being well...

The work pants are going to be a Stronghold/Blue Bell inspired and they're not due out for a good few months...The sample pairs will more than likely be too short for me, so something else will have to be found...

You've definitely got me excited.

To be honest i would expect that screen paints would be more durable. However i do not know this from experience!

Based on what I've seen, I believe you're correct.

I don't think you'll have any issues with the length, it's just how the fit itself works, as you know :)

Washed the 2101s and now sitting here with damp jeans on haha

Did this ever make it to the market:

http://www.evisu.com/blog/2007/06/13/nevada-prototype-jeans/

I dont think it did but they looked interesting.

Im kind of looking forward to wearing new jeans though theres still loads of life in my 2000's. Might something new next week possibly.

damn washed the deluxe agian left them to dry a bit but by the time i got back home they were crispy dry wanted to sit in them damp lol

these have had 3 hot soaks and 2 machine washes still look as dark as the day i got them....

I think the Nevada prototype jeans were on a very limited release at the time...bit like the Brown Box and Lazy S jeans, only sold online or in a very few (London only?) outlets.

The non-standard Heritage pieces don't sell outside of the capital...

Umm never saw might have to ask someone then.

Yeah, I'm lucky because of all the jeans I wear at the moment, only the 2001s are obviously Evisu haha :)

Some random pics for the thread...

Mirror shot of the whiskers on 2001:

dsc03360e.jpg

Close up of the denim of Lot 2000, taken on the way back from London the other week:

dsc03412e.jpg

Poor quality snapshot of the lap of the 2101s, taken just now...still a little damp, will get some better ones up later on:

dscf3500k.jpg

I just sent you a PM.

I've got their reply, they don't provide hand painting service. The only place that do hand paint is Japan.

Someone is selling me a lot.2001 in No.2 denim, but I still want your No.1 as long as you get the hand paint done. (I DID accept your offer man)

It's a dfferent question buddy, now I am asking if Vans SK8, One Star and Superstar suitable for lot.2001.

Feel free to contact me whenever you got the hand paint done.

Peace