Evisu is still loved!

benzak

the flea market is actually pretty damn dope...you can get shea butter, cotton candy, knock-off nikes/jordans, an old-school nintendo, pop-corn, senegalese incense, and a pair of ''evisu maniac genes''. top that!;)

but foreal, a dude at work was wearing a pair of lot(?)001 #2 heritage with the 'sunrise selvage'. we're cool enough that he let me check out the rivets, and they weren't washer rivets...they looked like some pre-molded shit. no tufts of cotton peeking or anything. i was dissapointed. were these fakes, or do the made in macau(per him) heritage have the cheaper rivets? he told me he washed them some shit of times, and how he loved how they held their color better than any jean he bought previously. they were still hella dark, although you could tell he machine- washed em at least a dozen times over two years.

at last... sent my kanbo's to a "tailor" near me gonna pick them up on thursday at 4pm. looking forward to wearing them for the summer they still have the crease's set from when i hot washed them. they are the hairest pair i own they almost look like jogging bottoms lol fit pic's on thursday!!!

but foreal, a dude at work was wearing a pair of lot(?)001 #2 heritage with the 'sunrise selvage'. we're cool enough that he let me check out the rivets, and they weren't washer rivets...they looked like some pre-molded shit. no tufts of cotton peeking or anything. i was dissapointed. were these fakes, or do the made in macau(per him) heritage have the cheaper rivets? he told me he washed them some shit of times, and how he loved how they held their color better than any jean he bought previously. they were still hella dark, although you could tell he machine- washed em at least a dozen times over two years.

I've got two pair of Evisu jeans bought in Sweden. Didn't even know there was Japan models and the rest of the world until a couple of months ago. Anyway, these pairs are exactly the same (well, they have different colored pocket embroidery), selvedge, fabric, stitching, fit, buttons and so on, except for the patch and rivets. Doesn't say anywhere where they are made but the second pair is my first truly broken in raw selvedge jeans. Washed them twice in 15 months and they are comfy as hell and look great.

First two pics are the same pair, a bit bigger rivets with tufts here and there. Pic three and four the other, later and more worn pair. Selvedge is as mentioned above same for both.

Don't know why they changed rivets but must say the bigger ones look cooler and more real. Haven't had any problems with the other ones though.

dsc03767z.jpg

dsc03778b.jpg

dsc03775y.jpg

dsc03779d.jpg

dsc03798s.jpg

Don't know why they changed rivets but must say the bigger ones look cooler and more real. Haven't had any problems with the other ones though.

The pair that I have on ice, Hotei Fan's, has copper rivets, but, unlike previous versions, you can see denim sticking out of the top of rivet.

Even now the rivets and button have changed again. My Leepro rivets said Osaka on them.

I was hoping someone else would mention this - yes, on my Left vs. Right, and No.2 Black Kamome, the rivets say "Evisu & Co. Est. Osaka" on the reverse side....whereas on my Hotei Fan & Nakame Minami they're just blank. Another nice new touch.

There were supposed to be some pairs of R vs L heading to the US for sale in the North American online store....but if they've already sold out elsewhere, perhaps that's no longer an option.

You may want to try sending e-mails to the folks at Evisu in London and NYC to see if they could help you out - it's worked wonders for me in the past.

Damn!, CTB - That's coming your way, huh.

Is that green paint on the pockets?

Do you know what year were they released

You got some nice hook ups - can't wait for fit pics etc.icon12.gif

Yeah, green paint, and a big thumbs up to Paulo, who spotted them for me :)

I also managed to pick up a deadstock pair of Japan Lees from the early 90s this week, so been a left-handed few days! I'm supposed to be being sent some of the current Leepros on loan (bit like Cheep's pair), so it's certainly pouring and not raining :)

As for the year, well the description and translation run:

10年以上前に購入後ずっと眠ったままです。 Buy's sleep after 10 long years ago.

So I'm assuming late 90s

dowluck_gaji-img600x450-1236478014effrvq20524.jpg

those evis are too much for me to process right now. they are ''pre-lazy S lazy S''once you get those i wonder how long you can hold-out before they become your next project. ..:rolleyes:dude @ work had the rivets and patch(#2 on it, same lot#) like the second pair dude posted(with the 'EVISU' rivets, not the japanese) i hate those. and look at how the 'evisu heritage' patch is better than the patch with the #2 on it(leather-wise). look @ the grain. now i honestly believe dudes evisu are real, cause i was able to recently check his sunrise-selvage, and its official. thanks dudes.