Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I'm sure but seeing it as I've worn my MIJ No2s to shreds and I've found a sweet pair of Macau no 1 specials on sale at like 100 USD I'm asking how nicely they fade as compared to my No2s which I love.

100 USD? I say just get em. I seriously doubt you'll regret.

New Yamane Deluxe have recently been made available on the evisu.jp web-shop. Not many sizes it seems, and it comes in No.1 and No.2 denims.

So I just went to the Evisu Kyoto store, quite impressed with the feel of the Lot No. 1! Can anyone tell me though, how's the fit on the 2005? Right now I'm very happy with my 0005 (Evisu international) fit, normal thighs with a tapered bottom. I tried on the 2000 model or the 2001 model (the straight fit one?) and the saleswoman told me the 2005 was like that one but with a tapered bottom. I couldn't try the 2005 on since they were raw and she told me I wouldn't be able to tell the fit anyway. I tried a pair of one wash no.2's in the straight fit and quite liked that fit up until the knees, so 2005 sounds ideal. Just need to decide whether or not I am gonna cough up the extra 9000Â¥ for the No.1 or stick with No.2 for the slightly more reasonable 21.000Â¥. Also, how's shrinkage and stretching on the No.1 and No.2's? I think general consensus is size up 1?

On another note, I was thinking about getting my current 0005's ( picture ) painted since they're about to be retired and I thought it would look pretty nice, a worn in pair of Evisu's with a set of fresh, handpainted gulls. I asked the woman and she said it was ok even though it wasn't Evisu Japan since they were still Evisu's, very nice of them imo! I do need to wash them since the paint won't attach properly if I don't, and that's gonna be a problem as I currently only have a really shitty laundry machine at my disposal which I don't really trust and which only uses cold water to begin with (can you imagine! Crazy Japanese). I hope a hot soak in the tub will do the trick.

/rant

Been lurking on sufu for awhile, but this is my first post. Really impressed with the stuff on this thread. Great work on those gulls CTB. Evisu's might have to be the next purchase...

CTB - Nice bit of arts n craft there ;)

Warakia - Anymore pics of your 0005's ?

Re. No.1 or No.2, this has cropped up before on this thread.

If you got the money (and don't need it for anything else) get No.1s. Otherwise you may get No.2, then down the line be wondering what if...

It's difficult to justify the huge price difference, but it is the Number 1 denim!

My sizing for No.1s 2000:

TTS, if your skinny (plus stretching whilst wet)

+1 for slim fit (plus stretching whilst wet)

+2 for normal/regular straight.

Haha, cheers man ;)

And on the subject of No.1 2000s, only go true to size if you're happy with a tight fit round the crotch. Mine were true to size because of the tagged size being wrong, and whilst the fit is bang-on, I worry that if I ever turn round too quickly then I might end up with an unplanned circumcision...

Just machine washed my No.1's with liquid Dr. Bronners, they were starting to pong. Shrunk a bit more on the length and now just under 33"

Bits of electric blue popping through here and there, train tracks starting to show.

Hang drying snippet

4801765484_f3e1fb2c0f.jpg

I sized up at least 1 size with my No.1's and struggled to button them up even when raw and I think they shrink at least an inch or 2 in the waist so I think TTS with No.1 denim is pretty crazy. I mean the good thing is since they can stretch and shrink you can always manipulate/control the waist size to a certain extent but you really have to keep an eye out for it. If you wash them and forget to manage the waist it could be quite painfully trying to stretch them back out.

No.1 denim in my opinion

TTS - SuFu fit

Size up 1 - Tight fit

Size up 2 - Straight/regular fit

Size up 3 - Baggy fit

my current 0005's ( picture )

Nice....very nice. I wish I hadn't gotten tired of my 0005 fit.

I wonder, if they were painted without washing, would the improper adhesion flake off here and there, quickly enough for a more worn-in look? Or would that just be inadvisable in general....

+rep

Wish I had my own pair to try this out on...