Evisu is still loved!

benzak

How about some LOT numbers and where they were made.

Back row, left to right: Lot 1930, made for the Japanese market but think they were made in China (they use D85 denim and were designated as 'lightweight' in Japan); Lot 2004 MIJ No.2; Yamane Deluxe Lot 00 MIJ; Lot 2000 MIJ No.2

Middle row: Hank dyed Evisu Deluxe, no Lot No. but like a 0001 cut; Lot 2101 Cowboy jean MIJ LHT; Lot 10XZ made in Italy; Lot 2001 MIJ for the Western (UK?) market (no tab).

Bottom row: Lot 0005 Lazy S LHT (Macau?); Lot 0005 mizuhiki broken twill jeans, made in Macau; Lot 2000 MIJ No.1; Lot 2001 MIJ No.1

And breathe...

ctb just send a poair you dont like over to the states i wont mind haha. nice collection bro... btw what other jeans do you wear?

Haha!

Just these and a pair of Japan Lee 101Zs at the moment. Got some Canes SC40200s and 21oz Sammies too, but never feel them long enough to put serious wear on them...

I was thinking of some FCs, but then the contest came along and put me off that idea...

Sup guys

Well, I got a pair of evisus a while back, summer 05 when I went to japan. They're Lot 2000 in no.2 denim.

Haven't really worn them for years, but gonna start up again. When I first got them I didnt really know about fading, was more into the quality and the painted gulls.

The whole purchasing process was cool. Went to the store near harajuku (didn't have an address took me a while to find) and they had me try on a pair with blank pockets, then u choose if u want handpainted or stencil shape gulls in a bunch of colors to choose from, then they send the painted jeans to u within a week. Being 17 at the time and never having had a quality garment, this was some cool shit.

Anyways, they still have lots of color left so I decided I'll try and get some wear in them

since they were pajama status in softness, I just gave them a light starch (thanks CTB for tips) to help some form some creases

they are a little darker than the first 2 pics but I think you get the point

3557987792_dcf29abbc4.jpg3557172173_4b4bdbd7b2.jpg

3557230661_50b3ba28c7.jpg

they are 33x35, which is 2 sizes too big for me, but I shrunk them in the dryer so the waist is at a comfortable ~32.5

but in the fit you can tell theyre too big in the hips

3558027226_8957fe19f5.jpg

All in all, nothing spectacular, but just thought I'd share, I still like evisu a lot.:)

will update when some fading happens

Nice one CJ, think they'll do you just fine! Have you tried cuffing them to see how that looks?

The hip/thigh fit tends to be like that with Japanese Evisu apart from the No.1 2000s ('cause of shrinkage) and the 2005s obviously...it becomes less noticeable the more you wear them...

Love the way that handpainted gulls can differ so much from one pair to another :)

thanks ctb,

ah, I forgot to cuff before the picture, I usually do wear them cuffed as it does improve the fit and the 2-colored selvedge is always nice to look at

also, that's quite the collection you have there, pairs like those are what the brand's all about to me

No Thanks Man! I plan on the next Evisu I get being Lot 2000 No. 1 MIJ. We'll see about that.

Sorry for the late reply

THOSE ARE THE EXACT PAIR!

Want me to proxy? :P

Good to see you back on here more often Tek!!!

Crash,

Great Collection! Love those Yamane Deluxe with the Muzuki Knot. Really liked the Red/White one's posted on here awhile back.

I would have man but a lot of those vintage jeans are always to small in the waist for me. It's a damn shame man.

Yeah, it's a crying shame that no one from here jumped on those...they were relisted and eventually went for a bargain...

To be fair, No.2 denim is excellent quality as well and stands in its own right, but I know what you mean...The pics posted on the last page prove that it's capable of producing great fades, and a lot of the 'classic' pics of faded Evis are in No.2 denim.

But the No.2 cuts are looser, obviously as they're sanforised, so may not be what you're looking for...

mr. invicible,

agreed with ctb - anything that evisu japan puts out is certainly of a high quality and well worth the money you're paying for. at the end of the day it's a matter of personal preference.

for example, as ctb pointed out many of the great looking pics of Evisus in books such as Indigo Master comes not only from the No.1 type but No.2 as well.

i do noticed that No.1 denim tends to have more of a natural indigo color compared to the No.2 which has more of a greencaste. is this only with pre-Evisu Evis No.2s or is it still the same? pardon me but i have not bought a pair of Evisus in a long time.

i do noticed that No.1 denim tends to have more of a natural indigo color compared to the No.2 which has more of a greencaste. is this only with pre-Evisu Evis No.2s or is it still the same? pardon me but i have not bought a pair of Evisus in a long time.

It seems to be the case these days as well, at least judging by the jeans I've handled. Bear in mind though that the denim will differ from one production run to another, so you may well find that this isn't the case for ALL jeans...

CTB you have the sweetest collection of Evisu in the world! keep up the good work!

Erm, cheers! :)

On a different note...

selfridges-c1.jpg

The jeans in the pic above are the ultra-limited edition 100 pocket jeans made to celebrate Selfridges' 100th anniversary this year.

More info on the Evisu blog http://www.evisu.com/blog/

The event I mentioned earlier is on the 30th May at Selfridges, where Kanji and at least one other painter will be working their thang for all and sundry...