Evisu is still loved!

benzak

just want some a general sizing advice. If I were to buy size no.1 and I wear a size 29 in FH_3001(true Waist), 28 in SC_Okinawas(downsize 1), 27 in Sams_S0500xx (Lot.10 if that matters?) you guys think a size 29 will work for me in the no.1? I want it to be a tad slim.

A 29 would indeed be a tad slim (!) but might be a step too far if you're likely to need to make any sudden movements whilst wearing the jeans... :)

Just something to be aware of. If you don't get too active in your jeans then you might be able to get away with a 29 with careful soaking and stretching (like VERY careful). You're potentially fucked though if the jeans come smaller than tagged size pre-soak, as mine did.

^ chambo i have no idea what you just said ROFL

so you got a size 28 in the BKS and it fits perfectly like the evis no.1 size 30? if that is the case, then a size 29 in Evisu no.1 is right for me then since I had to get a size 27 in 0500xx. but then again, your 5000bk and 0500xx are different cuts.

hey CTB, I am pretty active in my jeans. I ride my bike to school everyday. then is 29 too dangerous?

hey CTB, I am pretty active in my jeans. I ride my bike to school everyday. then is 29 too dangerous?

Well...I wear between a 31 and a 33, depending on how much cake I've eaten that particular week (sad, but very true! :o).

I got a 34, with a view to them shrinking to around 32 after the soak. Although mine arrived tagged 34, the actual pre-soak waist was 32 which was obviously going to cause an issue.

I had to soak them with the waist held open by a grill pan (!) which I tied into the waist band to keep in place, and then hung them by the leg to stretch out the inseams as short legs are no use to me:

1708081stsoakjb8.jpg

1708081stsoak3bh3.jpg

Ended up with a great fit, but very tight on the waist and pretty uncomfortable at first:

170808a5xf8.jpg

170808a6xz8.jpg

Had to be really careful the first few times I washed them, as I didn't want to end up with castration issues following any further shrinkage...Plus I had to get the crotch reinforced as it was taking a heavy beating from riding.

They fit great now, so maybe going true to size is an idea as long as you're prepared to keep a close eye on them when soaking and washing them initially...Posted these fit pics recently, but figured that it wouldn't hurt to put them up again to show the evo from above:

dscf2358.jpg

dscf2359o.jpg

^ Those Lazy S Evisu's look good in that Triple 05 cut. I still wish the 200 cut had a longer inseam. The denim has a beautiful purple hue to it. See it Crash.

Yeah, they look good alright.

And the hue changes from purple to grey, depending on the light that falls on the denim.

Really impressed...a handsome pair of jeans...

Guest devil.beside.you
Yeah, the pics don't do the denim justice...

dscf2205r.jpg

They have a real unique look to them when worn, I really enjoy wearing these are they're something a little different, and the denim itself is a rarity - you won't find much in the way of broken twill selvage denim, and not in this colour...

This is why I jumped on them when I got the chance, as they're something totally different...

which pair is this again? Love the unique hue..reminds me of a hawaiis but less rough

CTB I'm jealous, I'm probably gonna get those at some point as well!

They look good btw, what size are they? 'Cause the inseam doesn't seem to be all that long.

Well, Crash is about 6'1-'2, and the inseam is about 35'. Plus, he has them cuffed a little.

Thanks for the comments and rep fellas...

which pair is this again? Love the unique hue..reminds me of a hawaiis but less rough

They're the green caste broken twill denim from a couple of years ago, like the Brown Box Wrangler tribute/repros...I'm also wearing them in the bottom fit pic on my post a page back...They're in the 0005 cut, which is the same as the Lazy S Leepros I just got.

CTB I'm jealous, I'm probably gonna get those at some point as well!

They look good btw, what size are they? 'Cause the inseam doesn't seem to be all that long.

Cheers! They're a 32, although 0005 is slightly oversized and they measure just over 33 at the moment...and Heflys almost got my height right (I'm bang on six foot, by the way) but with long legs.

a-ight crash, stop playin games and get back into those evis! you've got a job to do...:D

Ahahaha! You KNOW the Evis are getting my full attention at the moment...Always good to have back-up jeans though, as if I wore the Evis most days they'd get very stinky, very quickly from all the wear they'd be getting...