Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Incidentally, can anyone tell me when Evisu changed their name from Evis? Is the Evis still used on some tabs?

I'm trying to work out if the jacket's an older piece or not...

I'm no expert regards the name change CTB, and l've certainly seen it stated in articles that it changed in '91, as Lenn says.

Personally, I bought Evis jeans (and a jacket) in the mid 90s in London and remember the name change taking place in about '97, when Evisu appeared and started to be more widely available. Just my ten cents, mate.

btw, thanks for all the posts - you've helped get me interested in Evis/u again and I'm saving for some No1s

ctb those 2001's are looking real nice. It makes a change to see some nice jap evisus in brum!!!!

Nice one! You a fellow Brummie? :)

I'm no expert regards the name change CTB, and l've certainly seen it stated in articles that it changed in '91, as Lenn says.

Personally, I bought Evis jeans (and a jacket) in the mid 90s in London and remember the name change taking place in about '97, when Evisu appeared and started to be more widely available. Just my ten cents, mate.

btw, thanks for all the posts - you've helped get me interested in Evis/u again and I'm saving for some No1s

Cool, either way the jacket was a good find. And good luck with the No.1s, you decided what Lot you're getting?

Yeah, it's a nice jacket and a good fit...I keep trawling ebay now!

... I'm thinking of going for Lot 2000 (though I'd like the 2001 too) ...ordering them from BIG when they have someone in to paint individual kanji...that's the idea...

If it were a non-standard kanji you wanted, it'd be worth seeing you could order (via proxy) from the Japanese Evisu site...

It's too bad I'm not a 32 waist, otherwise I would be getting these, but someone on this forum needs to pick these up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUT-NW-895-EVISU-HERITAGE-No-1-Special-Brown-Jeans-32_W0QQitemZ250318514266QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The only place I have even seen pics of these is on hypebeast like a year ago, and I haven't seen them for sale on any website either. But these are sick and from the other pics i have seen super slubbly and uneven. It's always nice to have a pair of brown jeans in the wardrobe :), just remember they will shrink though, so i guess that you would need to be a 30 waist....

The brown No.1 doesn't do anything for me. :confused: Not my thing.

Now if those Ikeda appeared at an tempting price, I just might....

Oh and those Inter Milans (I had to have a gander) didn't look as bad I imagine, considering the daicocks and it being EU ED. I was imagining some crazy Inter logos and gulls!

aren't those made in maccau? them no.1s with the hertiage tag?

I want a pair of japan no.1's

whats the difference in quality?

Just so you know, all the denim (or most) is still manufactured in Japan, but is assembled into jeans in other places.....Or something like that.

BTW, now that these pairs have a description, they're pretty interesting:

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/holiday/products/mens-selvedge-black-kamome-jean

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/holiday/products/mens-selvedge-cream-kamome-jean

The gulls on both pairs are presumably hand painted.

photo overload!!!!! thanks again CTB

some crapy some good wore them for like 6 hours? gonna be my weekend jean now,

the fit is good hugging on the ankle and room to breath so all good any thoughts?

also yeah thats my toe in the last photo

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04900.jpg

DSC04899.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

DSC04895.jpg

DSC04894.jpg

mad hip flare. what size are those?

cant rep til tomorrow but +rep!

You're welcome Chambo - I take it that you're happy with them? :)

I'd forgotten how small the coin pocket was on the sz 30, compared to the 32s at least. Got me wanting to dig my own 0005s out to wear for a day or two...I've got that belt too, forgot all about it until just now...

Just so you know, all the denim (or most) is still manufactured in Japan, but is assembled into jeans in other places.....Or something like that.

BTW, now that these pairs have a description, they're pretty interesting:

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/holiday/products/mens-selvedge-black-kamome-jean

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/holiday/products/mens-selvedge-cream-kamome-jean

The gulls on both pairs are presumably hand painted.

I'm definitely a fan of the pair with black gulls, although the gulls on both look too regular to be handpainted in my opinion, despite what it says on the blurb for the latter pair.

Hello all. Been lurkin for a few months but just signed up. Love Evisu...anyway....

How is the denim on those brown boxes chambo or anyone else? Been looking to get a pair with that type of denim but it appears thin and soft. How is it compared to the D85 and D67? Is it really thin, a lil rigid, quality?

Thanks