Evisu is still loved!

benzak

how the jeans coming along setone

Er...not much to report.

I gave my No.1s their first soak last weekend. Wore them fresh & raw about 6 times before getting some spillage on them.

As they're obvious looking, I only tend to wear them to work/or out at night, once maybe twice a week.

I got some crazy rotation going on with my other denims, so perhaps in about 6 months time. :o

Those Hotei Fan's are very nice especially since they are green cast denim! Also love the black gulls and red pocket stitching!

I would love to own a pair but trying to save up for some Japan No.1's and from the looks of it I'm gonna have to drop 350 minimum! All worth it though!:cool:

New Yorkers:

The Evisu sale offers 50 to 90 percent off the brand's signature denim, hoodies, shirts, dresses, and outerwear, plus several exclusive pieces. Through 10/26. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St.; 11–7.

Has anyone ever gone to one of their sample sales? Are they any good?

New Yorkers:

The Evisu sale offers 50 to 90 percent off the brand's signature denim, hoodies, shirts, dresses, and outerwear, plus several exclusive pieces. Through 10/26. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St.; 11–7.

hmmm..! sounds interesting, maybe i'll drop by to see whats up. i've never been to an evisu sample sale, so i'm not sure what may be there.

New Yorkers:

It's time's like this that make me wish I had a Personal Jet or Teleporter?:(

Does anyone have any info on these? http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-emb-seagull-reg-slim-fit-jeans

I tried a pair on at neiman marcus, and the size 31 fit me just right at the waist. Will they just stretch out with wear? Also, the fit is described as "slim regular." When I asked evisu, they said that it is actually a baggy fit and that the description/tag was wrong.

Does anyone have any info on these? http://shop.evisu.com/collections/mens/products/mens-emb-seagull-reg-slim-fit-jeans

I tried a pair on at neiman marcus, and the size 31 fit me just right at the waist. Will they just stretch out with wear? Also, the fit is described as "slim regular." When I asked evisu, they said that it is actually a baggy fit and that the description/tag was wrong.

They look to be d85 Red Cast Denim lot 0001. They are sanforized so no shrinking will occur, but will stretch maybe an inch in the waist. Hope this helped!;)

...How hard have you bin wearing them? doesn't look to be much wear ..

Everyday all day for 4 months! I was starting to worry about how my progress was comming along so I called Matt at Evisu. He said d85 is one of the hardest to wear in. So I was kinda relieved that my efforts weren't weak!

Next thing you know Cheep will break in Chambo's in 3 months all sick!:rolleyes:

^ Jeans are from about 2 or 3 years ago I think, when they did a few styles with that kind of denim and priced themselves out of the market with them, at least in the UK. Some of the styles that they released (with camo daicocks atc) were priced at £285 over here. The denim had a feel of its own, but for that kind of price you could get a pair of Japanese No.1 and a decent amount of shrapnel left in your pocket.

I don't think they sold that well, and can be found on quite a few eBay shops as a result. The backpockets aren't my cup of tea, but at least the price is a lot more realistic!

The seller made a mistake here, there are two different denims pictured, the front view is the super slubby "special diacocks" that came out a few years ago packaged with a matching box, and the rear picture is of another pair of jeans, not sure about those...if you buy them who knows which one you will get.

as for those special daicocks, that denim is insane, I love it. I got a pair for a good price and haven't seen any other jeans like em. really special denim. If you see a pair in your size on ebay you might be able to get them for like 50-70 bux, and at that price you don't even have to love the daicock to justify getting a pair simply for the denim.

Regarding this seller, I did buy a pair of No. 1 specials from them though and they were/are legit.