Evisu is still loved!

benzak

They are an old pair, they were on a bunch of rakuten sites awhiiiiiiiile ago (I'm speaking in terms of years not just months).

Yeah i've seen the design before, but it looks completely off on your pair (quality and finish) .. and that red tab looks a tad too big. :rolleyes:

Any fit pics of the ok-ni's?

once again though sorry for the shitty pics, but i think ill be upgrading (camera wise that is) next paycheck:D

in the coin pockets is an old mint tin that i use to carry the pill i have to take once every day

and in the back I have my some wallet with che guevara on my father got me in china and my trusty moleskine

Any fit pics of the ok-ni's?
once again though sorry for the shitty pics, but i think ill be upgrading (camera wise that is) next paycheck:D

in the coin pockets is an old mint tin that i use to carry the pill i have to take once every day

and in the back I have my some wallet with che guevara on my father got me in china and my trusty moleskine

ergh go back a page.....

I'm not sure how this started to begin with. Dudes see two, small ass pictures and automatically scream: Fake!! We don't have any pictures of selvedge, the red tab, waist tag, rivets, etc. They just saw gold on the ass. And I have to ask myself, do I really care if they're fake?

good shits ctb and chambo. i'm looking into the orange and red box, and i'm loving the qualities of the d67 on the orange box, and i'm loving the d85 red box. how do each fit? whichever i pickup, it will be $147. any insight? i've searched around but i haven't been able to find any long term worn pairs. also, i've been thinking about having these painted with gulls, but as of now there's nowhere in the us unless big is offering this.

^ You know, I'm not sure what cut the orange box jeans are. They'd be my preference outta the two purely on the grounds of my liking D67 over D85, for what it's worth.

Personally, I'd avoid getting painted gulls on one of those pairs and keep them 'clean'. However, if you're keen on it then why not contact the Savile Row store in London on [email protected] and see what they say? It'd take a bit longer than if there was a US-based painting service, but if it's what you really want then it's your call...

And how did you reach this conclusion? I could've sworn I've seen similar pairs sold on legitimate Japanese sites.

foil print gull and text, denim cast, colour of the yarns, tab is too big, buckle is off..

and, I used to have the same pair about 6 years ago, when my interest for denim just started. I've thrown it away btw

Yeah i've seen the design before, but it looks completely off on your pair (quality and finish) .. and that red tab looks a tad too big. :rolleyes:
I have seen this style before a few years back!!! these may be fakes of the real design..i'm not sure....

yeah, it's a copy of an evisu design yes

I'm not sure how this started to begin with. Dudes see two, small ass pictures and automatically scream: Fake!! We don't have any pictures of selvedge, the red tab, waist tag, rivets, etc. They just saw gold on the ass. And I have to ask myself, do I really care if they're fake?

I really do care. Counterfeit products cause so much damage to brands, Evisu is still recovering from the fake wave some years ago.

good shits ctb and chambo. i'm looking into the orange and red box, and i'm loving the qualities of the d67 on the orange box, and i'm loving the d85 red box. how do each fit? whichever i pickup, it will be $147. any insight? i've searched around but i haven't been able to find any long term worn pairs. also, i've been thinking about having these painted with gulls, but as of now there's nowhere in the us unless big is offering this.

I'm selling a pair of Evisu Red Box in the SuperMarket.

Check Em out!!!

Guess we got sharp eyes..

I'm sure Egpt knew they were fake by looking at those pics :rolleyes:

^ You know, I'm not sure what cut the orange box jeans are. They'd be my preference outta the two purely on the grounds of my liking D67 over D85, for what it's worth....

I agree! I prefer D67 over D85 and I think it has alot to do with the look and feel of the denim. I also agree with Chambo that it fade's quicker/easier than D85 or at least that what my experience has shown me!

Matt @ Evisu was also telling me that they are going to stop making D67 sometime Soon to focus on new/different type's of denim! :(

foil print gull and text, denim cast, colour of the yarns, tab is too big, buckle is off..

and, I used to have the same pair about 6 years ago, when my interest for denim just started. I've thrown it away btw

All I see is a pair of evisus with gold graphics with the appropriate yarn color: orange and yellow (it's clear as day) and the stitching around the pockets is yellow (when most fakes have orange and yellow ), but the horizontal stitching at the top of pockets is orange and yellow (most authentic pairs have these details); the pockets appear to have pocket lining stitching , which almost all fakes omit; a copper belt buckle which seems to match other pairs I've seen on rakuten, and that pair appears to have rear rivets by the apperance of fading at the points where they're attached to the rear pockets. And, finally, the pockets are large, instead of the usual, small fake pockets. Plus, it was purchased from rakuten, a site, from all apperances, that has pretty legitimate sellers from japan.

Oh, and that doesn't look like foil.....At all.

Here's a shitty example of foil:

foil_print_ladies_goonies_t_shirt_500_300_360.6_88.jpg

But meh, maybe you're right and they're fake.

But meh, maybe you're right and they're fake.

maybe I am, but lets cut the discussion. if they're not fake, the owner owns an apology (from me at least), but if they are fake, it's not even worth the discussion, right?

let's go on with posting pics, so here's my contribution (at CTB's request):

10dy7q0.jpg

I got these painted last year by one of Evisu London's painters, Kanji. Instead of two ordinairy gulls, I asked if he could make one bigger gull that would exceed the pocket. Unfortunately that was not possible, but he offered me to do a 'cut-off' gull (if you imagine the lines go on, you will see a bigger sized gull). The result was almost a copy of the shape of the painted Levis arcs, from during WWII.