video games ruined my life

DüM

Finally picked up Journey to see what all the fuss is about.

kind of a short game, but a pretty neat experience all the same. may have went so fast because this other person and i partnered up and tag-teamed like 70% of the game, and if you've ever played Journey before you'll know that having a partner helps tremendously.

I hadn't touched my xbox is months but figured I'd pick up some cheap game with a good single player storyline. Ended up with Borderlands for 10 bucks and been having a really good time with it. Lots of good components make it up and the art style is pretty cool.

Aw yeah beat hotline Miami, even the second part with the biker. But damn those bonus levels are hard

Borrowing Dishonored from a coworker who has nothing but rave reviews about it. Let's party

Edit: my buddy is also lending me uncharted 2 and 3,looks like I'm set for awhile

Edited by jayrock

H1Z1 looks alright in theory, but paying for an unfinished game that is going to be free to play anyway just rubs me the wrong way, even if they give you in-game items to make up for it.

Anyone know whether dayz standalone is in a playable state right now tho

picked up Resogun and OlliOlli for like $5.39 over the PSN sale this weekend

Resogun is a sweet throwback arcade shooter game, really loving it so far

OlliOlli i'm not quite used to the controls yet and it was kinda pissing me off at first, but i'll give it some more time eventually. for less than $3 you can't really complain

H1Z1 looks alright in theory, but paying for an unfinished game that is going to be free to play anyway just rubs me the wrong way, even if they give you in-game items to make up for it.

Anyone know whether dayz standalone is in a playable state right now tho

Look at it this way, the game hasn't been out that long and I have 38 hours on record. Even if I decided to stop playing now, that is like .50c an hour. There is tons of stuff planned in the next year, coupled with the fact that most of this team made planetside 2 (one of my favorite online shooters). It's a good value for the money, plus the in game items are worth about ~$10 USD if you bought them standalone. There are other survival games: rust, dayz, dayz mod, the forest, 7 days to die, warz (infestation) but all of them have their own problems. Rust is probably the most stable and best developed, but its too quirky for me. Most of the shitty players in h1z1 are from rust, and all of they do is grief and build glitchy structures to piss people off. If thats any indication of what rust is, I'm not remotely interested.

I played battle royale last night starting with 130 people in a map left to my own devices to fend for myself, search for guns, and kill other people on sight to increase the likelihood of my survival.

Toxic gas was released into the map, I climbed a mountain to a radio tower, killed somebody who found some loot there first then continued on avoiding the gas. I wandered into town hiding in a wooden shack, hearing people walk by, firefights breaking out, and dying all within my proximity (the sound is fantastic btw). Once there were around 10 people left, the gas brought us all extremely close forcing us to be within a small 100m circle with like 10ft of visibility.

People were firing into the dark, hoping that they would get a lucky bullet to come in contact with a body. Luckily for me, this spooked some of the last survivors causing them to jump up and sprint around looking for the source of the shots. I plugged two shotgun rounds into one of the last remaining players, leaving myself in a 1v1 dual for victory.

I waited, laying in the grass, headphones turned up high patiently waiting for somebody to cross my path. Sure enough, down by the water somebody was slowly crouch-walking up the hill. I ran to the side and flanked the guy, shooting him a couple times with my assault rifle. I was crowned victor of a 130 person battle and I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in a long time. 

Edited by Fycus

anyone else pre-order the HyperX Cloud II? 

My Sennheiser finally crapped out after 6+ years. 

I don't really game much at the moment due to an old computer, but it'll be nice to able to watch movies and listen to music on hopefully a much improved headphone with new tech.