video games ruined my life

DüM

Any DayZ alpha players here?  Have had fun times with some friends of mine ambushing random people, handcuffing them, robbing them of all their gear, force feeding them rotten apples and bananas, etc.

Basically, adventures like this but not as epic and hilarious.  

yea, i really can't see it coming to consoles. their resources are stretched thin enough and progress has been so slow as it is just working on one platform at the moment and i think it's a little bit too complicated and 'slow' of a game for the typical console audience tbh.

just rediscovered 'N the way of the ninja' again. was hooked on it for a while a few years ago and i can feel myself getting hooked on it again. it's so simple, so challenging, so addictive.

http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n.html

some people here have probably played it before. it starts as a simple little flash-based platform game but the levels progress into insanely hard tests of ultimate precision and muscle memory.

Edited by Rob060

N game was great.  I remember getting frustrated because stickykeys would get in the way every time I pressed shift too many times to quickly, which was extremely necessary for wall jumping

N game was great.  I remember getting frustrated because stickykeys would get in the way every time I pressed shift too many times to quickly, which was extremely necessary for wall jumping

yea, you can turn that off, but i just switched jump to the space bar. i have an old playstation 1 controller i use with a $4 usb adapter to play an older pro evo soccer game. would like to try to get that to work for the N game.

Edited by Rob060

been tempted to get dayz while it's cheap, but it still looks a little too rough and buggy. played the mod a ton. i really need to build a new computer.

been playing path of exile a lot.

path of exile is p cool, i've been playing that, dota 2(lol) and ff8. need to  continue fallout 3 too. i've just been using steam on a below average pc and i can run all of these games alright. 

ff8 is sooooo frustrating with all of the magic draws... junctioning magic is a kind of cool idea / fucking nightmare!

looks like the only real alien game. want to get really excited but i'm hesitant. seems very promising though

yeah, i really want to believe sega won't fuck this one up, colonial marines must have taught them something

On 13 December 2013, following a 9 December 2013 leak of box art and promotional art, images that appear to be in-game screenshots were leaked onto Twitter for Creative Assembly's next game, Alien: Isolation. The game is said to draw from horror influences such as BioShock and Dishonored.

then again, they might have a lot to learn! i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and assume that was just some bullshit they came up with to generate interest

also, one of my favorite things about the survival horror genre is the mystery surrounding one's enemies, it makes them much more interesting and intimidating

being so familiar with the franchise might take away from that, so i'm hoping they'll find a way to spice things up without doing anything utterly absurd

Much less the gunplay and the competitive aspect than the idea of scale and sheer massive battles that happen. It's so fucking cool to roll up to a battle that has like 200 people gunning it out from all elevations and vehicles, hopping in a gunship with like 10 other bros and going to another drop point and capturing it. There is a great team dynamic and something that hasn't been captured in any other game. I really feel like I am actually tossed into a battle, and coordination only makes it more fun. Even the first planetside gave me that feeling and the gunplay was horrendous. Just talking about it makes me want to play this weekend.

That's how I felt about Battlefield 2 waaay back when.  Bros rolling in on an objective 15 strong to duke it out over a flag or bridge with your commander dropping in supplies and artillery strikes.  The new BF games don't capture that dynamic at all any more.  

The ARMA series also offers an amazing team dynamic and epic scale battles but you have to play special scenarios within a closed community on a regular basis to get that experience, unfortunately.

The ARMA series also offers an amazing team dynamic and epic scale battles but you have to play special scenarios within a closed community on a regular basis to get that experience, unfortunately.

Also unfortunate that said communities are full of super serious role playing armchair generals.

This is also true.  I was in one community that I won't name for a short period and got kicked out because I didn't show up for their "drills"/practices for a few weeks in a row.  They don't care if you're working or your mother dies (not that the latter happened), its quite sad really because its a great game.

Just received my Kickstarter games; Broken Age and Banner Saga.  So far so good but the start of Banner Saga was very abrupt.  Hopefully I get a better understanding of the promotion system soon since in the mutliplayer version it allowed customization of classes and not just stats.

virtues loast reward

that titty fighting game senan kagura or somethin

braverly default demo was aite

never heard of senan kagura before and you weren't kidding when u said titty fighting game

"If you're a fan of fighting games which feature buxom girls who lose their clothes during combat"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/senran_kagura_is_bursting_onto_european_store_shelves_in_february

lol @ the cover

LdM9Blq.png