video games ruined my life

DüM

what is it doing? do you have the YLOD?

I googled it. Seems like everyone's calling it the Red Screen of Death. Just an insanely bright red screen that pops up when you start the PS3 saying "A Serious Error has occurred. Contact Technical Support." Supposedly caused by a hardware failure? It happened to me on Friday and I managed to get around it, but I think it's officially dead now. Tried booting into safety mode and nothing seems to be helping. I have to call Sony tonight and see what's up.

Fuel and Carnival are horseshit camper's paradise maps.

Carnival is alright. Crash is fun. Vacant is alright. Overgrown's spawns are awful. Strike is by far the biggest shithole map ever.

These maps were a waste of money and have just made me appreciate the old maps more.

Carnival is pretty crazy. It's so colorful and vibrant, that I'll get lost looking at stuff and get shot by actual enemies.

Crash is one of the best maps EVER. It's all about know how the level works, I've yet to get lower than a 4 k/dr. Bringing them back made me realize how much of a I've always been a big fan of the CoD4 map layouts (Not so much Vacant). If they did something like a "Vintage" Pack, I'd definitely shell out the extra dough if they did a set that included Creek, Pipeline, Bloc, Ambush, Countdown, or Showdown.

Carnival is pretty crazy. It's so colorful and vibrant, that I'll get lost looking at stuff and get shot by actual enemies.

Crash is one of the best maps EVER. It's all about know how the level works, I've yet to get lower than a 4 k/dr. Bringing them back made me realize how much of a I've always been a big fan of the CoD4 map layouts (Not so much Vacant). If they did something like a "Vintage" Pack, I'd definitely shell out the extra dough if they did a set that included Creek, Pipeline, Bloc, Ambush, Countdown, or Showdown.

I was with you until here....

CoD4 still > MW2, though. I'm hoping for a beautiful love child of the two for spec ops..

So I'm done with RDR. Gave up MW2 to sporadically play BF:BC2, and I've occasionally been hitting up my old Borderlands savefile and a little CoD:WaW. Should probably get more use out of L4D and Bioshock 2.

What shooter are you hanging out for next? I feel like I have exhausted all the fun from most current games. I'd love something with the smooth, fast-paced action of MW2, but with a reduced rage-quit propensity (like BF:BC2).

Will MoH cut it, or will I have to wait for CoD:BO? The only game I'm really psyched for is Fallout NV. Gonna be ridiculous.

Can anyone recommend me some XBLA games that are fun for offline multiplayer? ie, all players kicking back on the same couch, playing on the same screen.

Can anyone recommend me some XBLA games that are fun for offline multiplayer? ie, all players kicking back on the same couch, playing on the same screen.

I've heard good things about Castle Crashers.

smooth, fast-paced action of MW2, but with a reduced rage-qu

Will MoH cut it, or will I have to wait for CoD:BO? The only game I'm really psyched for is Fallout NV. Gonna be ridiculous..

MoH essentially uses the same engine as BF:BC2, since the teams behind the engine are one in the same. I tried my cousins' beta and I can say that it feels more fluid than BC2, with more of a CoD smaller map system. I'm thinking about buying it, but there are tons of things wrong in the beta (that's more like an alpha considering how glitchy it is) that I need to try in the real game before purchasing.

but there are tons of things wrong in the beta (that's more like an alpha considering how glitchy it is)

MoH sounds like it might be a winner once they smooth it out. I was just reading about the multiplayer on IGN. Didn't realise DICE was doing it. Glitches can nearly always be ironed out...

Or geometry wars 2 if you've never tried a two stick shooter and think that might be your thing baeyer. I'm starting bioshock 2 today, the first one totally lived up to the praise it got when it came out so I'm pretty psyched to get back to rapture. the graphics are going to make a huge difference if a comparison of the menus is any indication

Will MoH cut it, or will I have to wait for CoD:BO? The only game I'm really psyched for is Fallout NV. Gonna be ridiculous.

yes yes yes. idk about all the other games, but im fucking pumped for NV.

edit: and are any xbox heads going to still play RDR? i want to upgrade my xbox and im thinking of trading in some games for store credit for the new xbox. Idk if RDR is worth keeping, im kind of on the fence about it, while i did like the story alot and the online was fun for a bit, i feel like i exhausted all there is to do online.

was just curious.

^To be honest, and I hate to say anything negative about such a polished game, but RDR is not really a keeper for me.

A lot of fun for most of the single player, but... some of the missions, side-quests, and ambient challenges just seem more tedious and repetitive than in previous Rockstar games.

The multiplayer is fun and well made, but just not as fun as other available multiplayer titles. So why bother... Trade it in homie...

starting to feel the same way about RDR, it's so impressive/massive/polished but the replay value is just not there, even with multiplayer it's always the same shit, either riding around killing animals or killing other players/lawmen, gets old, still hanging onto it at the moment though

yeah I felt that way pretty quick about RDR. It was really, really fun for a bit, but I realized it was always going to be the same. And the competitive multiplayer is frustrating imo.

I still need to finish the story though.