video games ruined my life

DüM

my PS3 is fucked, MW2 freezes constantly, textures on certain maps aren't being loaded, so i can see through alot of random shit, also when it freezes if i do a soft reset the green/blue lights will stay blinking for several minutes and beep three times fast every now and then before shutting off, it's on it's last leg for sure

hey, does anybody know much about maximizing cs:source performance???

i recently bought it and its been playing pretty sluggishly...my current compturer is:

Untitled.jpg

i also had a brief look online and downloaded this:

http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=16

to very little avail just slow frame rates and poor performance! any help would be greatly appreciated :(

The problem probably isn't your CPU / memory; the above should be better than capable of running CS:S. The issue might be video capability (whether onboard or by video card) vs. video settings; toning down the high demand video settings might help.

Secondly, often systems from resellers like Dell, Acer, Asus, etc. come with a handful of utilities running in the background that are unnecessary for normal computer usage and often these hog CPU and memory capacity, review and uninstall what you think would be ok to lose.

Finally, review your task manager and sort by cpu usage and memory usage. Some apps (ie. firefox, anything using adobe air) just drain resources. End these (non-vital) processes before playing.

my PS3 is fucked, MW2 freezes constantly, textures on certain maps aren't being loaded, so i can see through alot of random shit, also when it freezes if i do a soft reset the green/blue lights will stay blinking for several minutes and beep three times fast every now and then before shutting off, it's on it's last leg for sure

RIP brobocop

Had some crazy red error screen on the PS3 today. Freaked me out for a second. Said something about a "Major error has occurred. Please contact Technical Support." I shut it on and off a few times and blew the dust out of the vents and ejected the disc. Seemed to work. Luckily I had the 360 as a back up, but definitely a scary moment. Can't afford to replace that shit.

We need to get the brobocop parties back together...It's been too long.

i kinda don't play as much as i used to, i grow weary of murdering everything in sight to only have my team put up bricks. and i have pretty much most of the titles and emblems anyway

Anyone here from Australia and interested in picking up a well looked after X360 with 20 GB HDD on the dirt cheap????

Just upgraded and thought I'd field the question here before I let it go on eBay for pennies. Console is in extremely good condition (OCD w/ care for material possessions concept). Shoot me an offer by PM.

played mw2 for the first time in a while. needless to say, controllers were thrown.

every third game ends in host migration or some shitty error (localized-something with a picture of the arrowpad on screen?), in one third I have the shittiest team in the world which gets cornered somewhere. I just played gw domiantion in bailout where I was the only one in my team with above 15 kills and less than 20 deaths. prestige 7-9 players doing 10:30, whoop di fucking doo.

Xbox 360 cats who like to play SEARCH and are decent at it. Hit me up.

BORNxTOxEXPIRE

Next time i see you online i'll invite you.

ps. Sometimes I wish I had a capture card/could record gameplay. i've gotten some nasty game winning killcams lately

Fuuuuck!!

My PS3 died on me tonight. I should've known from the random red error screen that something was up. I've tried everything and nothing is getting it to work. Have to call Sony tomorrow and see what hell I'll have to go through to get it fixed/replaced. I managed to delete my backup files a few weeks ago so I'm out of commission from brobocopping for a long while. I don't know if I can bring myself to replay everything to build up my save files again. Ugh...