video games ruined my life

DüM

how do you guys have your control set up as? default or tactical?

i just got the game and i dont understand how these guys knife me so fast.

i run into them at a doorway or something and they knife me immediately and i just die...

pressing R3 seems really awkward for me.

and any tips for beginners?

im constantly going 1:2 in terms of kill death ratio lol.

Haha, well in MW2, there's Commando that allows you to knife from farther and an attachement on the pistol that allows you to knife faster.

My advise is use the Fammas when you're starting off, it'll help out with your accuracy and it's usually one shot kill so if you get that one shot in, the guy's fucked. Also, try and stick to the sides of the levels until you really know them. Sides tend to be less crowded and you can pick off people easier, especially with a powerful gun like the Fammas (paired up with stopping power).

how do you guys have your control set up as? default or tactical?

i just got the game and i dont understand how these guys knife me so fast.

i run into them at a doorway or something and they knife me immediately and i just die...

pressing R3 seems really awkward for me.

and any tips for beginners?

im constantly going 1:2 in terms of kill death ratio lol.

don't worry about that. bad people go around every corner with the thought of "okay, there could be a guy right around this corner, better get my knifin button ready" in the back of their mind.

i just cant get past the knifing in this game. i got too comfortable with the way cod4 was, when it was possible to miss a knife lunge...

just played a couple of games...

got owned lol.

my friends are also telling me that i should stick to the perimeters of the map

but apparently everyone runs through the perimeter so i just get buttraped.

im using the Scar right now but i want to try using the M16 when i unlock it in a couple of levels.

instead of running laps around the map, should i just stick to a certain area and just move about there?

and i still dont get how that radar on the top left works. why do the red dots appear and disappear?

when someone shoots a gun (without a silencer) they appear on the map. You can also pause the game and you will see a full map and their positions. If someone uses the UAV killstreak every enemy will appear on the map for a specified time(unless they are using the Cold-Blooded perk).

red dots appear when someone is shooting with an unsilenced weapon in your vicinity, basically giving away their position, they become solid when you have a UAV though, well when the UAV scans over them, silenced weapons will prevent you from showing up on others' radar

also when you run the outside of the map, be sure to run from cover to cover with the "wall" to your back so youre always facing the field.

that way you can pick up movement more easy and get a kill without worrying too much about someone flanking you in turn

it will be a lot easier once you learn the maps... there were spots when i started where i was amazed how much there is to cover or get killed... now in most maps, in most situations, i know where the person might or will be camping, and you can toast them before they get you... just put in the time, its worth it, kinda.

i actually sometimes wonder how "fun" this game is... i take it so seriously sometimes, or just am putting in the time cause i like it, but i dont know if i am really having fun. most of the time i dont care if i win or lose as long as i do well enough, but i do feel like moments of real joy are kinda rare... just me?

i actually sometimes wonder how "fun" this game is... i take it so seriously sometimes, or just am putting in the time cause i like it, but i dont know if i am really having fun. most of the time i dont care if i win or lose as long as i do well enough, but i do feel like moments of real joy are kinda rare... just me?

This is war.

Come on son.

They added SO many kills for the weapon challenges. 1000? Really? I'm the kind of guy, and I did this in Modern Warfare (1), that max's out the challenges on a gun then moves onto the next one. This may take a while...

AstroWolf

I agree with you. Game frustrates me so much, but leveling up and completing challenges keeps me coming back.

I know most of the people that are good at sniping don't fuck with silencers I put on my Barrett and just went 11-0 on Underpass(which I hate). I didn't stay in one spot very long and when I did have to travel I stayed behind my teammates until I found a good spot. That worked really well. Got a title for that and it was pretty cool to do.