edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Is the "true" designed use for hook rope/cord cutting, or skin/gutting/hunting oriented? Just curious. i like the modified sheepshank blade (least I think that's the right name).

I'm deciding on a new knife right now. I have CRKT B.U.L.L right now that's functional and durable but a little thick in the handle and an oooooold Delica that's good for lightweight carry, but also has a serrated edge, so it's not as versatile.

I like the mini griptillian a lot, esp in the tanto blade.

It's got N680 steel. Unless you actually want a highly corrosion resistant knife (considering many super steels have tolerable corrosion resistance) then I would suggest you to find something with a steel that would make more sense for your lifestyle.

About to purchase a ITP A3 light since I don't have room on me for a AA sized light and I'm also purchasing a Kershaw OD-2 for eating in public. I just wish it had a lock since it will be loose in one of my bag pockets... :(

i just like the handle and bladeshape. steel types arent a huge concern to me as long as they are decent. i wouldnt really use the glass breaker of rescue hook everyday but this would mostly be for backpack carry. id buy a benchmade without the hook if it had this blade configuration and handle style. they just dont make it and ive looked.

Realllyyyyy digging it. Its like a poor man's version of the Cat or the Chicago.

Only thing is the handle seems just as beefy as its brothers which would be a little overkill for something so small. Liners (although skeletonized) + thick G10 scales. ~3oz.

I like that they kept the 4 way clip option.

Will probably try and get one once they start spreading around the net and are more widely available.

Realllyyyyy digging it. Its like a poor man's version of the Cat or the Chicago.

Only thing is the handle seems just as beefy as its brothers which would be a little overkill for something so small. Liners (although skeletonized) + thick G10 scales. ~3oz.

I like that they kept the 4 way clip option.

Will probably try and get one once they start spreading around the net and are more widely available.

is the site the video is from not a reliable vendor?

I believe theyre reputable, but I want to see other site's prices too. Also, certain knife/outdoor sites also sell on eBay which can lead to better deals. I've gotten a couple of good deals from Poorfish Outdoor's eBay store. But that probably wont be for a while longer.

Also if it hits Amazon I've got a bunch of credit there, so that'd be great. They also have really competitive pricing versus knife sites, depending on the individual knife. Plus free shipping.

5378176349_1f75553041_z.jpg

Normal light EDC for class and such.

~old Surefire E1e

~Sog Twitch II

~Rings (H. Mace and vintage)

~SAK Cadet

~Fisher Bullet Xmark

~Zissou key hook with Telepen and Fenix LDO1

~Obbigood bifold

~Notebook, phone, Timex Camper

5378170011_ef552e6d92_z.jpg

Heavier loadout for longer trips out. Pretty much the same carry with a Surefire 6P (with Solarforce R5 XP-G drop-in), heavier Victorinox, and extra notebook.

Been assembling gear for quite a long time (E1e and larger Victorinox both over 6 years old), and finally perfectly content. Lots of it has been passed down or received as gifts, so its sentimental as well as functional.

Is the "true" designed use for hook rope/cord cutting, or skin/gutting/hunting oriented? Just curious. i like the modified sheepshank blade (least I think that's the right name).

Generally the hook is designed for cutting belts and webbing for rescue purposes. The design on some knives lend themselves to skinning, but usually hunters will have dedicated knives for hunting.

also it would be easier to get away with carrying this on my person as a larger blade under the guise of multi tool or rescue tool due to the lack of pointy tip and seat belt hook.

It really just depends on who stops you. I'd feel like you would get less hassle if it's a multi-tool or a blunt tip blade, but some might enforce the law as it states. I'm lucky I don't really have to worry about it because of the state that I live in, but I'll carry illegally in states that have strict laws and carry it very concealed. My recommendation is to not have the clip exposed, which is why I carry my knives in my waistband instead of my pocket where you can see the clip, and don't whip it around in public.

Story time...

When EDC comes in handy:

I was over at my friend's apartment, and I started my car so it would warm up since it was 15˚ outside. Went inside for a few minutes and when I went back to my car, I realized the drivers side door didn't unlock like it usually does. So my keys are locked in my car, with the engine running, and it's 15˚ outside, cool. My friend got a wire hanger and I got out my Leatherman Juice S2 and used the pliers and straightened it out pretty well, then used the wire cutter to cut off the twisted end and made a point with it. Stuck that through a gap in the doors and slid it across, and ever so gently maneuvered it into place so I could push down on the unlock button. I gave it gentle steady pressure until it unlocked. Saved a lot of time and was able to open my door because I had a hanger and my Leatherman. Sadly, incorporating a wire hanger into my EDC is not feasible.

This happened a few days after i started using my cool hook. I swear that those things are cursed, haha.

ok so it's been posted before but here it is again for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasontravis/sets/72157603258446753/

cool idea imo, and the dude knows how to shoot a photo...fake? yes some of it comes across that way, an interesting look none the less