edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

full-sized quark 123 would be too big to keychain carry imo. i also wouldnt risk the unnecessary load on your splitring and beltloop if that were the case.. you can get the 123 w/ clip, or the 123 w/o clip. the 123 body is so small that they couldnt fashion a removable clip -- it's integrated. so u have to pick.

i let mine sit in my back left pocket usually, works fine..

it's a joke, fam…

syk was the first to post that, since then that question gets asked every week… on my blog and on other forums too… haha

btw: i wanna see what watches you guys are wearing. not a lot of watch discussion in here, im curious

oh ur right lol, that is true. that was back when the lets talk watches thread was good tho.

true story, the last watch posted in there IIRC was some rolex on a red white and blue nato strap. makes no damn sense. (kay i'll sit down now)

if we wanna change topics.. any black friday deals for edc gear out there??

^TIgerprawn...I have a black camper as well that I've been wearing for over a year. Keeps perfect time, and never let me down. Though sometimes i switch it with my 3 dollar Casio calculator watch (From thrift store). Ugly, but practical.

On another note, I have a few knives I'm looking to sharpen, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good budget sharpening stone?

I wear a Timex expedition classic daily. I like vintage military inspired watches (and I do have real mil. vintage) but at $30, I dont feel bad for beating the shit out of the timex. I've gotten it soaked while net fishing in a river, dissected a pig, shark with it on, hit it on doors and desks and shit, etc. At $30 I can wear it without having to care about it.

inb4 h8

I suck at search function.

Need a good light for my fixie car. Considering still getting an LED Maglite, because it's big, unlike what she said.

But... A not so kind of local shop is having a little sale on lights. So far, with my budget pricing... I've chosen:

Fenix PD20 Q5 (pretty sure this was a Fenix.)

Surefire: G3, 6PD, E2D.

What's hood?

Also finna cop a random Benchmade, made knife. Felt sturdy as fuck, the G10 scales felt knife in my hands, and such and such and the other thing.

Prices were under $80-90. Good or Bad?

dsc0233i.jpg

Just a Seiko I got as a gift. Personally, it's a bit much sometimes but it does the job. I like having a chronograph and the bottom face is actually a second time zone. The cluttered look does take getting used to and it would take me 5 seconds or so to figure out the time at first. I do want to change to a rubber strap as the links have some play to them.

Looking to cop a surefire as my first flashlight too. I had a g2 a long time ago but had it fall overboard on a boat. Thinking about the g2x pro as it seems like the perfect light to keep in my pack.

Timex camper gets a lot of hate because it's usually viewed as a cheap way to get that tacticool look.

Frankly, I don't care as long as people aren't afraid to beat the hell out of it. It's not meant to be a nice, fashionable watch.

I like simple designs, so anything like the Camper I'd like. People on the internet spend too much time caring about if it looks tactical or judging people for trying to get that tactical look. Some people are ridiculous posers or want to be rtt-cqb, but if Ihad that watch on I doubt anyone aside from my .mil friends or friends that are into that stuff would have any idea that it's "tactical"

My dad used to wear the black one because it was simple and cheap, and didnt care if it got broken.

EDC in use. A friend's aluminum ring on his key chain split open, was able to use my juice s2 to fix it. yeee.

Personally the only reason I don't like the camper is because it's materials. For $10 more I got my Timex Expedition which has a metal case and a waterproof leather strap. Doesn't come in an all black, but a little nicer materials will hopefully help it last longer.

I don't think I would buy the camper unless it was under $10.

Its a rotating bezel. It's just sort of a time keeping thing. It's not mechanical in any way, it sort of just marks a set time. Divers use them because they need to keep track of how long they've been down. In everyday life it doesn't really serve a good purpose unless you want to use it to mark a time you need to do something, or if you want to check how long you've been doing something like exercising, etc.

Just picked up a spyderco honeybee. Local sporting good store had 20% off knives and sharpening systems. So it was only lik $8 plus tax. Going on keychain duty.

Played with a ladybug too. Really want one now.