edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Hey guys, I know someone (35percent?) mentioned a "knife pass-around" recently, and I thought it was a neat idea. What happened is, I've ordered some stuff from Snody a couple weeks ago and he sent me the wrong blade, but said I could keep it as a gift

What he sent me was one of the bailout shank, and since I got it for free, I thought it would be a nice way to "share" my luck as well as give back to this thread. If anybody's interested, just lemme know in here :)

Here's a pic with a messy paracord wrap

DSC_1143.jpg

ahhh fck u i been waiting on XXXL to start the first ever sufu edc passaround tour

we're waiting if he can get a Zebralight SC30 for everyone to play with

but i think that might have fallen thru

i like the idea mang. go for it, its just difficult cuz knives have legality issues. pass it to diff people and have them update us w/ uses, reviews, and maybe make some mods/add stuff or something before sending it off. will be cool and gay right?? sufu <333

Hey guys, I know someone (35percent?) mentioned a "knife pass-around" recently, and I thought it was a neat idea. What happened is, I've ordered some stuff from Snody a couple weeks ago and he sent me the wrong blade, but said I could keep it as a gift

What he sent me was one of the bailout shank, and since I got it for free, I thought it would be a nice way to "share" my luck as well as give back to this thread. If anybody's interested, just lemme know in here :)

Here's a pic with a messy paracord wrap

DSC_1143.jpg

:thumbs up: that sounds like an amazing idea and I'd love to share your good fortune of getting a free blade. And yeah it was my idea for a passaround :)

something tells me pink isn't her style

and sweapea, your girlfriends might think you're crazy.. until they drop their phone in the dark and can't use their cellphone screen to find it or whatever, or when they're frustrated that they can't untie something or open something.. hehe

something tells me pink isn't her style

and sweapea, your girlfriends might think you're crazy.. until they drop their phone in the dark and can't use their cellphone screen to find it or whatever, or when they're frustrated that they can't untie something or open something.. hehe

Well... I have to admit that pink one is kinda neat & unusual! Where did you see that one, neonecko? Perhaps the start of a blade binge!

Branespload - thank you :) You'd think that with all that carry space in purses, more women would EDC, but nooo....

emasculating because I can't fucking sharpen my K.I.S.S. but I bet your tanto is p. sharp. Is it chisel ground? I need a real rock or something to sharpen with, been using one of those chef's knife sword things.

maybe i'm just diddling with it too much and it's losing its edge. been cutting shit up but its hard to tell how sharp is sharp with so thick a blade.

been using one of those chef's knife sword things.

yeah..you shouldn't use this anymore. you'll just end up screwing up your edge angle. it's probably pretty bad right now. i recommend a spyderco sharpmaker. it's around 50 bucks, and it works really well once you get the hang of it.

Well... I have to admit that pink one is kinda neat & unusual! Where did you see that one, neonecko? Perhaps the start of a blade binge!

Branespload - thank you :) You'd think that with all that carry space in purses, more women would EDC, but nooo....

There was an ad for the preorder right on the front page of the Emerson Knives website.

http://www.emersonknives.com/ekPinktactical.php

heh

There was an ad for the preorder right on the front page of the Emerson Knives website.

http://www.emersonknives.com/ekPinktactical.php

heh

:o Doh! That was silly of me! I'm not a complete knife noob, but it had been a while since I purchased a knife... I guess browsing the inventory of some of the online shops helped with a model choice, but I'm sure I missed seeing some of the more esoteric ones!

This thread is going to be a money pit, I can already tell!:P

@ U MAD, yes it is chisel cut, and I too am looking for a new sharpener - I think the old whetstone I have needs to be stepped up!

And THANK YOU everyone for the nice, supportive comments! :)

Looking forward to spending more time here!

Figure I might join the EDC bandwagon.

Just scored a Victorinox Midnight Manager Swiss Army Knife for 14 bucks

looking to get my keys in a multi tool, buy a flashlight and knife.

Thinking the quark123 and a SpyderCo SS Dragonfly.

hmmm I wasn't gonna waste the money on seeing that in theaters but it actually looks surprisingly good. May have to reconsider.

thought that exact same thing after watching that clip.

eitherway, probably just buy it off the bootlegger at work.

On another note, got the goods to complete my BOB in the mail today. Will put up a video when i get a chance.

(sorry for the delay Bern, wanted to wait till i got it all in)

FIrst pocket dump:

edc.jpg

- I hate the phone, but the job pays for it and I ain't carrying two just to have a cooler one

- The Boker Keycom is definitely a nice little knife for city dwellers, small enough to fit in a coin pocket but plenty sharp and sturdy for EDC stuff. I am still thinking about getting something slightly larger though, like a Boker Trance or a Mini-Grip

- I've heard lots of people express concern that keyhooks like the Flathead would be easy to lose, but I've never had mine fall off or get caught on anything in the two years I've carried it. I'd lose the Tiffany key ring but my wife would probably kill me. I love the Atwood Chigger, mine has some extra stamps that Peter added when I ordered it from him.

- I know it's not possible, but I wish there was a gel version of the Space Pen, it would be perfect then.