edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Atwood metwrench with face grinds, they were for sale on planet pocket tool a few days ago but sold out now. Check ebay. Titanium ones came out yesterday.

I find my metwrench occasionally clinking against something on my keychain and making a sound like a tuning fork, its weird.

I'll try and get a pocket dump up later on today, trying to figure out a good way to keep my stuff organized.

*edit

Moleskine on gilt tomorrow, hopefully they're not just liquidating last years day planners.

::: Updated Pocket Dump :::

IMG_1277.jpg

ER6i

EZ123

Skeletool

Sharbo X

iPhone

Flathead Repro by Unlucky

Iamakey and Keys

Muji Notebook

I also have these two pens that get a good amount of use and this micra that will be a multi-key as soon as I get around to borrowing a grinder from my dad.

IMG_1275.jpg

Sharbo Smartline

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Couleur Mini Gel

Micra

damn that is small. what about a light that uses a regular AA battery? sorry for the newb questions :)

get the quark mini AA I got one for my dad for Christmas he loves it, it's only an inch bigger, still really small.

You won't find a light anywhere near the 123 in that brightness range that uses AA because AA cells do not provide enough voltage to drive the LED to that brightness. The RCR123s are over double the voltage of a standard alkaline or NiMH AA. To achieve that kind of brightness your best bet would be to find protected "14500s," which are AA-sized lithiun-ion rechargable batteries with a voltage of 3.7-4.2V.

One last tip i should mention is that people who own Mini123s and are running AW RCR123s in them: 4sevens has stated that although the light is regulated for the increased voltage, it is not thermally designed to accommodate this voltage. It is up to you, the user, to use high on moderation and to heatsink the head of the light around the LED using your fingers/hands. Bloodcool it that way until it gets uncomfortably warm, then turn the brightness down.

EDIT: seafinch, we're black Sharbo X twinsies! haha. Have you gotten around to carrying it? Do you carry it in your pocket with other stuff? I'm worried about how the finish holds up from daily wear. I noticed some shiny spots on mine already so I'm rethinking my carry for it.

@berndog SHARBO BROTHERHOOD!!! To be honest I haven't carried it much yet. I've actually been carrying the other sharbo up until now. It's already shiny and a little bit smaller so It works perfect for EDC. I'm going to see how it goes with the X. Keep me posted on what you decide on yours.

whats that soonami? where to cop seriously?

Like Dead_Wizard said, that is an Atwood MetWrench with face grinds. It was about $70 with shipping in the US. I think only two dozen were released about a week and a half ago.

If you are interested, subscribe to atwood's RSS and have it set to email notify you when he posts something up for sale so that you can cop since they sell out really fast.

seafinch: good stuff man. the sharbo x looks amazing.

heading up to my dad's shop to make a multi key out of the lm micra i just bought. i'm trying to talk him into making some atwoodesque type tools. we'll see how it goes.....

i'll post a new pocket dump in the next couple of days

^ good luck man. some tips i got from wildstyle prior to starting is to throw the thing in boiling water for a while cuz LM actually uses red and not blue loctite. found out the hard way.. -_-

if you have strap wrenches or something it would help in twisting apart the little star screw thingies.. apologies for poor terminology

and uhm if youre gonna use a grinder watch out for heat issues when shaping the key.

good luck and post results! :]

yo whats up guys

im on usual suspect network, so i guess you could say im more into blades and that would be the truth

but thanks to branespload im interested in flashlights as well haha

anyways here is what i have been EDC'ing lately-----

1. Blade is either choice between a Strider SNG 3/4 hollow grind, with tan g10 scale OR a custom hinderer framelock 3.5 inch xm-18 with a black g-10 scale both are framelocks with hinderer lockbar stablizers

2. wallet = cards, cash, ID, bandaids, some most towelettes, and a soon to be snody crisis card haha

3. iphone 3GS

4. keys on ti carabiner no name brand -- really want a carbon fiber or heavy duty ti carabiner anyone know any place? also has a light my fire firesteel

i forgot my lighter

newedc.jpg

img3223g.jpg

A gentleman's take.

k4828j.jpg

Solid brass & leather keyhook

Calf-leather wallet

Silver money clip

Blackberry

Vintage stiletto

Colibri lighter

Muji pen

u get caught with that stiletto in NYC

you're fucked

may wanna rethink that edc blade option

possession in the 4th, as far as i know, but they have to prove unlawful intent. i could quite seriously just say that i purchased it as a collector and am taking it home, and the worst they can do is confiscate it.

considering buying a similar knife without the spring assist from the same place i got this one from just in case i end up pussying out, but i'm going to keep this in my pocket for a few days and see how i feel.