best way to store dry/unwashed denim

MyMindSpray

Apparently everyone hates old threads being bumped, but I think they hate having the same questions posted over and over.

Anyway, I see lots of people dump their jeans on the floor, hang them or fold them, but does anyone roll theirs when putting away for a while?

It may sound stupid, but we have two cats and if I leave a pair of jeans on the floor, when I wake up in the morning they'll be coated in cat hair. Gross. So the jeans I'm wearing are usually draped over the loft wall for the night and my others are rolled and stashed in the closet. At least when I bring them back out, they won't have those fold marks and I don't think it will do anything to damage or reduce the natural wear marks.

• 1 year later...

Didin't know where else to put it.

My new denim rack build by my father and me (it helped to work as a carpenter during my studies, not only to found my denim collection ;) ). And it's always great if you have helpful neighbours with the right equipment.

P1040465_zps9ad5e720.jpg

The wood is pear which was lying around at my parents home (for some years and didn't do anything else then...well...lying around)

P1040467_zps064b3df3.jpg

Now I only need some meat hooks to hang my jeans by the belt loops

P1040469_zps6486cd0a.jpg

Great rack BF! That should accommodate about 25% of your collection, so you just need to build another 3.

Seriously, that looks very cool and I like those bolts at the sides. You are a man of hidden talents.

You are truly hooked on denim!

Thx Maynard! Well...I hope I can store leastwise half of the collection. The coolest part is that you don't really need any tools to build it up so it shouldn't wear out and can be dismantled and build up several times. The metal bails are designed in a way you can hang up your jackets...well at least that was the plan :D