Everyone,pls Help Me!! Fake Chanel J12

illkid

I'm a watch collector myself and happen to have this watch too.

Judging from the provided pics I would say it's legit. Everything is spot on.

But to be 100% sure take it to the Chanel store or phone their service and have the serial number checked. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Cheers

Illkid said Chanel dont have records of it unless that watch is sent to Paris or Hong Kong.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illkid said Chanel don't have records of it unless that watch is sent to Paris or Hong Kong.

Speaking of records, I think as long as illkid provide the watch's serial number, the chanel manager could use a phone to call and confirm with the Paris or Hongkong manager and have it checked?

There's no need to send the actual watch, I think if needed, and email from the chanel manager to the Hongkong manager or Paris manager with the photograph of the watch's back and/or certificate of authenticity card would suffice.

Speaking of records, I think as long as illkid provide the watch's serial number, the chanel manager could use a phone to call and confirm with the Paris or Hongkong manager and have it checked?

There's no need to send the actual watch, I think if needed, and email from the chanel manager to the Hongkong manager or Paris manager with the photograph of the watch's back and/or certificate of authenticity card would suffice.

I would think so too. Dont' think Chanel is so inefficient and bureaucratic as to require the actual watch to be shipped back to them so they can reply unless they want to be thorough and open the J12 and examine the papers etc to ensure authenticity?

For someone who was quick to come out and accuse, he's been very, very slow on the draw with the photos of the opened back that could authenticate everything.

This is going on, what, 4 days now and still no photos that were requested?

I'd never accuse anyone either way but this is really starting to smack of pure hijinks.

If I was going to accuse someone of ripping me out of $3K CAD, you can bet your ass I'd have the photos to back it up as requested ASAP if someone offered to confirm or deny authenticity.

Just makes no sense to be like, 'Oh yeah, I'm going to get those photos for you sometime...' after making a public accusation of being ripped off.

For someone who was quick to come out and accuse, he's been very, very slow on the draw with the photos of the opened back that could authenticate everything.

I'd never accuse anyone either way but this is really starting to smack of pure hijinks.

If I was going to accuse someone of ripping me out of $3K CAD, you can bet your ass I'd have the photos to back it up as requested ASAP if someone offered to confirm or deny authenticity.

Just makes no sense to be like, 'Oh yeah, I'm going to get those photos for you sometime...' after making a public accusation of being ripped off.

I think the smart thing is for Illkid to just drop the matter and not answer anymore and save himself the 3 grand. If he is devious, he can get a fake AAA J12, open it and take pictures and then try to get a refund from Ken Shimoda. Since the J12 aint with Ken, he is none the wiser.

If he have problems selling the J12 for 3 grand, imagine selling it for 6 grand!

Again, if he got Chanel or another valuer to confirm its authenticity, it won’t cost him 3 grand for sure.

That is assuming the J12 is real of course.

I still fail to see any actual evidence towards the watch being fake. it seems like you were quick to jump the gun but are not really making an effort to find out the truth. like someone said, if I had a 3k watch that I was unsure of I'd go at least through some trouble to authenticate it, whether its through the chanel store or simply taking proper pictures and asking experts.

if some user posted a silly rep comment and the store was unable to change the links to an 8 year old model, that doesn't really mean much.

i already said it. the manger ask me to send it to HK. btw, the certification is no longer a paper card right now.

venusfly

The World My Oyster

Probably not. Chanel got tired of people coming in with bags bought off ebay looking to have them aunthenticated and now refuses to authenticate bags (or so many people have said) I doubt Chanel would be any more thrilled to authenticate watches bought off ebay.

(http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/would-chanel-boutique-authenticate-their-watches-493714.html)

i said already, i had class and exams this week. I had six classes. i m going to unscrew back of watch this friday , and i have to find a watch shop, or you guys will say , illkid knew the boss of watch shop. i wil take photos and upload asap.

the serial number is Y.B97988, i will ask them to write a note that the watch they unscrew is exactly this one.

btw, if you guys think i want to scam ken. go ahead. i dun care. because nothing can change your minds even the watch is fake.

Well, I would change my mind. But I am more interested in seeing whether you will live up to your words in paying Ken Shimoda 3 Gs.

Anyway, I see your point in that Chanel is not keen to authenticate stuff from unknown origins but you can use Ken Shimoda’s strategy of having them service the watch provided the watch got an international warranty, cause I doubt Chanel will service a fake J12 even if you pay them.

Guest umhaha84

I guess Ken could argue you changed the watch,

I somehow lean toward illkid's story, but doubt you'll get your money back from ken. especially after 9 month.