How do your lady friends feel about you not washing your jeans?

eastcoastrider27

I haven't had to worry about the issue in the past, but now that I'm seeing a girl I figured it may be a problem.

Do your girlfriends care that you don't wash your jeans?

Have you even told them, or do they just think you wear the same pair often?

I don't think I'm going to mention it until things get more serious, but I was just wondering how others have addressed the matter.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado

Quote:
Quote: There's a need to disclose?!?!

if you don't there's a high risk that a day when you're not there, she will decide your jeans are dirty and wash all of them, and not the way you would do it.

--- Original message by Kasper on Feb 21, 2006 01:33 AM

You know, i thought the same thing, why the hell would you even tell them? Then I read your post. I wish my girlfriend was pro-active and wanted to wash my clothes but she isn't so it didn't even register for me.

neither my g/f or any of my friends think it's weird. They think it's silly and borderline obsessive. The only person who has a problem with it is my mom. I went home for the holidays and she washed a pair of my Levis Premium Austins and DRIED them even after I asked her not to because they were "nasty". Essentially they look fucking terrible now.

If I go home now, I bring one pair of jeans and at no point take them off.

A girl i work with, tried to stack me up with my boss [ a female], by going

so how long since you've washed those jeans

my boss [in her 60s] said

your not suppossed to wash jeans

my gf has a pair of dry workshops she is working on, and might be getting apc, so no problems for me.

teisco.gif

My co-workers thought it was wierd at first, but after explaining to them and 6 months time most are "like yeah I can see that."

If your worried about the smell, just spray 'em with fabrize... I did that with my older older ones, but i'm kinda scared to do it with my non-washed denim - i don't want no spots to appear.. will that happen? anyone know?

Hijack - Will/ Does Fabrise leave marks?

even before the whole 'don't wash your jeans, dry denim' fad really took off i never washed jeans. i prefer a much darker color and when you wash them the color goes away. i never washed them to keep them as dark as possible and ended up with some good pairs of jeans if I wore them for a while, particularly one pair of levi 529's i have. they have a nice brownish tint from sweat/dirty on the thighs.

Seriously - I would go weeks and weeks without washing any pair of jeans I've ever owned. I just like the way they wear more naturally as opposed to just leeching out the color all over in the washing machine.

I have a pair of J.Crew jeans I wore almost daily a year or so ago that I've washed probably 3-4 times, that I keep around for especially dirty jobs. I picked them up the other day and said to myself "these look pretty sweet!"

Washing jeans, unless they are in truly bad shape smell-wise or filth-wise, just seems against the entire idea of the things in the first place.

Quote: shoreman.. welcome. nice to see you aboard (superdenim, the unofficial SW/D forum hostel)

Thanks, man. I'm splitting my time between here and the AskAndy forum. As if I weren't nerding out enough on styleforum...

On topic, I've lightly febreezed my apc anglaise a few times with no ill effect on the denim. I don't think I'd spray them directly, but that's more because I don't want my jeans to smell like chemical flowers than because I'd worry about affecting the color.

One time we were all on acid and I was wearing a brown shirt and my jeans smelled bad and my girlfriend and my brother were flipping out talking about how I was so brown and dirty so they picked me up and threw me in the shower with all my clothes on.

But other than that only wack bitches care if you don't wash your jeans. And if a girl is not feeling you cause you don't wash your jeans sorry homie you didn't have her in the first place nor do you want her. That's a *WHIP CRACK* NOBODY TELLS ME WHEN OR IF TO WASH MY JEANS.

Just remember:

SMELLING BAD IS THE NEW SMELLING GOODâ„¢

IT GETS WACKER BY THE SECOND!

Slightly off topic, I was talking to a buddy the other day who has managed to make it a year without washing his slim kim's, wearing them almost literally every single day. He regrouted the floor of his shop, went camping for 3 weeks, etc etc in these things.

To demonstrate the unwashed-ness of them he scraped a fingernail across the thigh, which left a long white line on the denim and caked his nail with dirt.

I'm all for getting wear out of your jeans, but that was taking it slightly too far for me.