Patrik Ervell S/S 10 New York

Advantage

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the general opinion on the tux blazers?

ive been looking for a suit

Has anyone tried the jean jacket on? I was tempted by the one on the Ervell online store which looks really nice and structured, but the striped one on the Opening Ceremony's site looks so different in fit and much less flattering.

it fits true to size.

looking for some sizing advice on ervell shirts. what's the fit like? the measurements on the online store look kinda huge but the fit on the model looks great.

i'm normally a 48/japanese M in uniqlo for reference. should I be getting the S?

quick question i was wondering if anyone with greater ervell knowledge could help me with:

even though he makes a pair of winter jeans for every season, it was to my understanding that the winter jeans are made of a cashmere/cotton blend, but it seems my FW09 winter jeans are 100% cotton according to the tag. Where is the truth?

^ i figured it was flash?

i've tried on the jean jacket; it's a very smooth type of denim. fit was narrow in the armpits for me at least, but the silhouette is very nice.

i have another question to shoot: anyone know the difference between the jeans this season and prior ones (esp. in terms of fit)? it seems there is no longer a summer/winter pair and just a egalitarian "jean?" i think that the new jeans use a standard button waist instead of the snaps, but looking at the other colors of jeans available on the ervell shop, it seems that some are either using a snap waist or these are just older models.

yea ive seen the jean jacket in person. the denim is similar in color to the jeans. slightly less saturated in color than pictured on forward.

edit: i never had a pair of winter jeans that fit me but i think the inseam and material was the main difference. shoot them an email, they always answer promptly on weekdays.

• 3 weeks later...

i could only find information on three pieces:

“he produced jeans in a railroad stripe denim ($248) that are based on workwear designs, but feature ‘a more modern cut.’ Button-down shirts ($188) feature his signature mother-of-pearl buttons, and blazers that look like tweed are actually constructed from unrefined silk yarn ($298),â€

article here: http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/collabs-westwood-x-lee-cfda-x-gap/19177

couldn't find any pictures though. does anybody have any? and willing to comment/proxy on the quality of the items?

clarification about the equivocal "jean" on the website.

i went to nom de guerre and felt it. it's basically the 100% cotton material shown in fw09 but thinner, NOT the linen/cotton one from last year.

essentially i think you could get away with wearing these in every season, so i don't know if he'll be making "summer jeans" or "winter jeans" unless someone has some confirmation about that?

clarification about the equivocal "jean" on the website.

i went to nom de guerre and felt it. it's basically the 100% cotton material shown in fw09 but thinner, NOT the linen/cotton one from last year.

essentially i think you could get away with wearing these in every season, so i don't know if he'll be making "summer jeans" or "winter jeans" unless someone has some confirmation about that?

Ok. Let's clarify this once and for all.

I've got 6 pairs of Ervell jeans and they are labeled "Summer Jeans" or "Winter Jeans" respectively.

I have both summer and winter jeans in 100% cotton (different weights/weaves of course) and I have summer jeans in a cotton/linen blend and winter jeans in a cotton/cashmere blend. There are no a/w cotton/linen jeans, naturally...just as there are no s/s cotton/wool or cashemere jeans. Another difference between seasons is the weight of the material. But that should go without saying.

The fabric blend is dependent on colour of the item in question in conjunction with the season and year in which said item was produced. e.g. The khaki coloured a/w 2009 jean was 100% cotton while the brown coloured jean from the very same collection was a cotton/wool blend. The navy jean for a/w 2009 was 100% cotton but the navy jean from a/w 2008 was a cotton/cashmere blend, if I recall.

For the current s/s 2010 collection, only one colour came in the cotton/linen blend....and that is 'Khaki'. Which isn't available for sale on the Ervell website. I'm not sure if anybody is stocking that colour either. I'm not even sure if it was produced for s/s 2010. Maybe they were pinching pennies this year and stuck with cotton (scrapping production on the khaki colour). The cotton/linen fabric would obviously be a bit more expensive and thus would have to command a slightly higher price to maintain profit margins. A tougher sell for retailers. In the off-chance that you happen to find a pair of Khaki coloured Ervell jeans from s/s 2010, they will be a blend of 52% cotton/ 48% linen. Trust me.

Also, you can plainly see the general fabric content of each colour of jean (or any other article of clothing for that matter) that was made next to each runway picture on the Ervell website. They take these notes down from the previous years when they upload pictures of the current year's shows. Thus, you can only see the notes for the current and upcoming season.

whodinihimself - thanks a bunch for this ultimate clarification; it was my understanding, and yours, that the fw08 jeans only had cashmere and the fw09 featured moleskin cotton instead. well, for navy anyways.

also, found a quick little pic of the ervell x gap collection:

GapCFDA_Patrik-Ervell.jpg

seems to be sweaters also available to the above list.

• 2 weeks later...