Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

I wear my 47's in rotation with my Denimes. After five days they've stretched to a comfortably waist, they were pretty snug after the initial soak. Super fit now that they've settled and really great pair, I guess they'll get a nice progress after some months. I'm planning to wash them 1st after 2 or 3 months and then every month to get an authentic vintage look.

damn it, it's really been too hot here to get much wear in on my 47, so it looks like i'll be off to a slow start. i've just managed to get enough wear in to stretch the waistband out again, so anyone worrying about sizing down on the 47, they will stretch back out reasonably quickly (i went tts, which with these is way undersize)

^^ i went tts for my 555 and experiencing the same for the waistband too. i can easily size down one but the thighs and crotch wont be too comfortable though..

anyway here are a couple of fit pics after 23 days?

excuse the sloppy sandals, was just kicking back with friends at my parents place

P1040348.jpg

P1040486.jpgP1040487.jpg

^^ i went tts for my 555 and experiencing the same for the waistband too. i can easily size down one but the thighs and crotch wont be too comfortable though..

anyway here are a couple of fit pics after 23 days?

excuse the sloppy sandals, was just kicking back with friends at my parents place

Looks good. The LVC contest should have tons of interesting evos.

damn this thread isn't getting enough action...I'm 95% sure I'm just going to throw down money for a pair of '33's or 37's and give up on waiting for the 1955's...not that they aren't worth the wait, I've just been leaning towards the cinch lately and medine's pair looked too nice...

damn this thread isn't getting enough action...I'm 95% sure I'm just going to throw down money for a pair of '33's or 37's and give up on waiting for the 1955's...not that they aren't worth the wait, I've just been leaning towards the cinch lately and medine's pair looked too nice...

my sentiments exactly.

I'm feeling the same way myself lately! I love the 67 505s that I am working on but I really want to throw a more "vintage" cut of jean into my rotation and the 33s or 37s would be perfect for that. I noticed that the cultizm website says that the 1933s aren't sold in shops anymore and for collectors now - so if I do want a pair of 33s I should prob decide asap while sizes are still available...

you wouldnt be disappointed. i love my pair. although i cut the cinch off, it was a pretty cool feature

Figured I'd throw these up here too.

Merry Christmas everyone! Dec 25th update...

LVCcontestDec25-092.jpgLVCcontestDec25-091.jpg

LVCcontestDec25-093.jpgLVCcontestDec25-094.jpg

Much longer than I require.... and triple cuffed.

I still have to get them hemmed, but I've been too busy over the Holidays to have them done. Apparently there is a good place in Toronto called 'Studio Kims' on King St. that is able to do chainstitching, so I will have to give them a try!

Some great looking jeans, and fits so far!

info for those that need it.

1915 501xx tagged 32x36

**pre soak:

tagged 32x36

waist: 35

inseam: 36.75

knee: 10

hem: 9

thigh: 12.25

front rise: 13

back rise: 17

**post soak

waist: 34

inseam: 34

knee: 9.5

hem: 8.75

thigh: 12

front rise: 12.5

back rise: 16

soaked for 2hrs in luke warm water then hand washed for about a minute in cold water. I'm trying to minimize the shrinking cause I don't want these to be too tight. so all subsequent washes will be by hand and cold.

and a picture to tickle your fancy

4228067639_4ea8ea6e81.jpg

I'll try to take fit pics tomorrow.

@ Citizen: For some reason I can't reply to PM's, so I hope you find this here!

They're 1947's, sized 32/36.

The original pair I ordered was 30/32.... even before the soak I looked like a sausage stuffed through a keyhole, so I returned them for another pair. Fortunately there are no pics to document this event! haha

Unfortunately when I exchanged all that was left in stock was the 36" length, but I dont' mind it at all. In an ideal world, my 'true' size would be 31/29.

The 32" waist has shrunk down, and stretched back out to fit me perfectly, I just wished they were slightly slimmer in the leg.

Alright, after much deliberation, I'm going to go with the 37's over the 33's....Just couldn't justify the suspender buttons or exposed rivets although they are the 33's biggest charm...Anyone with the 37's know if the inseams shrink more than two inches (I read medine's 33's shrunk more than 3....)?

EDIT: nevermind, I bought it anyway...;)

Alright, after much deliberation, I'm going to go with the 37's over the 33's....Just couldn't justify the suspender buttons or exposed rivets although they are the 33's biggest charm...Anyone with the 37's know if the inseams shrink more than two inches (I read medine's 33's shrunk more than 3....)?

EDIT: nevermind, I bought it anyway...;)

Initial question was posted 2 hours ago, and edit with purchase confirmation was posted 2 hours ago also.

This made me laugh. :)

Good choice on the '37s!

On a completely unrelated note... I'd like to hear from blacap how his 1880s are shaping up.

i actually recommend sizing down on the waist for 37's (which is going for true to tag size), that way the thighs and leg opening would be slimmer..

or maybe I'm just not so used to the way it fits.. i still prefer my sugarcane union stars in the winter.. the 1937 is too fin, and it lets too much cold air in

^Went TTS purposely for that roomy fit, also gives me some space for much needed long johns...

btw, get ready for update overload when I get my pair, I'm contestant #1 for a reason....Calling all of you out, packing the heat for this competition and that's a challenge! ;)