SuFu Film Appreciation

6ixes&7evens

alright, in that case you can watch Víctor Erice's 'Spirit of the Beehive'

imdb is here

you can find it on isohunt, so i'm not going to link

enjoy :)

so its agreed then, we have until 9/6/2009 11:00 PM (GMT -8 Pacific/Alaska Time) to finish this film! blastoff.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

yes this ones back. don't die again okay.

so i've been on a ridiculous asian cinema tip as of late - literally have watched fuck all else the last few months.

two recs:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312932/ - You Shoot, I Shoot (2001), Ho-Cheung Pang

"Bart, a professional contract killer, is requested by his clients to film his killings. He hires aspiring film director Cheun for the filming."

dark (kind of) comedy debut from pang. interesting premise.

and

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156610/ - The Hole (1998), Tsai Ming Liang

"Seven days to the 21st century. Somewhere in Taiwan, the rain won’t stop. A mysterious disease reaches epidemic proportions… A young man uses the sizeable hole in his living room floor to spy on his downstairs neighbor, an attractive woman who stockpiles toilet paper. Meanwhile, she dreams of singing and dancing in her neighbour’s arms… A tragicomic tale of urban loneliness."

taiwanese director whos making noo money. his stuff is pretty bleak but i find it cathartic. this ones weird in that david lynch way (i hear) - haven't seen it yet tho.

edit: i just realised this is obscure hard to find shit, i can provide links tho if needed. also i don't like sufus new post editor.

Edited by Protocol

ok well, i think it's going to be a few of us at the beginning.

are there movies you guys are more partial to? it seems a lot of guys on here have diverse tastes, we could try to do one a fortnight (even that's ambitious for sufu lol) and then start a rotation of genres/types.

i think to keep it interesting we should avoid something likely to appear towards the top of all-time lists too, probably obvious but worth pointing out.

any other suggestions, please share.

what genre should we start off with then?

*wow i just realised that the guys that started this off didn't even get round to watching an actual film -_-

come on, we can clear that hurdle.

Edited by Magnetic