Anyone wash or cold soak their H&M raw yet?

HonoluluStatus

New member here! I've been trolling for awhile, finally desided to ask a question.

I picked up some "raw" denim from H&M to play around with but was limited to a size 29 which still seemed larger then what i wanted. I'm wondering did you guys get a decent amount of shrinkage with a cold soak or wash? These jeans are unusally light colored for raw denim and with the cheap price i don't know if risking some fade is worth the amount of shrinkage.

I've had mine since december but I haven't put out the effort to wear them after picking up a cheap pair of STF's. I'm getting some wallet wear but no creases or real honeycombing. I'm guessing that the indigo in these is going to go like hell as soon as they touch water.

*but yes, they're incredibly light weight for dry denim...

• 2 years later...
New member here! I've been trolling for awhile, finally desided to ask a question.

I picked up some "raw" denim from H&M to play around with but was limited to a size 29 which still seemed larger then what i wanted. I'm wondering did you guys get a decent amount of shrinkage with a cold soak or wash? These jeans are unusally light colored for raw denim and with the cheap price i don't know if risking some fade is worth the amount of shrinkage.

*Bump* I just got some of these. The &denim ones, like Sliqs but a little bit more tappered. What do you recon, soak them first? They advertise 5% shrinkage but I don't want to lighten the color too much.

I don't know about anyone else but I got mine years ago but it was black denim. Then I later saw new ones in blue denim. I've since stopped wearing them but in the time i did wear them I didn't really get any fading for I'm guessing 3 months.

How in the Hell did this thread go along so civilly for so long? No flame? No lock? No "Go to the fucking small question thread" posts? Is everyone on Quaaludes today? Is this a kinder, gentler SUFU?

How in the Hell did this thread go along so civilly for so long? No flame? No lock? No "Go to the fucking small question thread" posts? Is everyone on Quaaludes today? Is this a kinder, gentler SUFU?

Notice that this is an early '06 thread. Sufu was just friendlier back then.

I sort of applaud the poster who bumped this for both searching and bumping an old thread.

He will be wasting his time though...

Hennes makes some great budget denim. I have only bought the kids' stuff, but their raw non-selvage comes in some very blue-black shades and retains the indigo very well.

Some of the selvage, ironically, wasn't as good quality. Sure, some of their stuff is cheesy, but that's what makes it fun.

Anyone feel like sending me a pair of the &denim ones so i can have another pair i dont have to care about. thaanks. theres no HM here

I've washed mine twice over a month and 2 weeks.

I'm going to start washing them everyweek.

BARELY ANY FADING.

As I've heard its impossible to fade these things.

If you want pictures of the fading pm me.

Don't waste your time and money, save up for a nice pair.

The fit is alright...

That's right, nice results for such a cheap jeans. They can even get much more contrasts if never washed till at the end

• 3 weeks later...

im not a fan or follower of the never-wash club, but unless you are doing some heavy shit, twice month right off the bat is too much. these dont seem to fade poorly, regardless of pricepoint. the denim isnt straight garbage.