A.P.C. Men's F/W 10

cyd

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the prices actually climb in real terms or has the dollar fallen relative to the Euro?

This post claims that apart from the jeans (Eur 80 -> 125), prices haven't gone up much in the last few years. The post contains a link to compare current euro prices with those in 2002.

I have to agree with freecat though. It gets harder to find good value items with every collection. And that is what APC used to be about for me.

if they were shapeless and soled more like a slipper, sure, but I think they have the structure and the sole to differentiate themselves.

Though if you still live in a place where anything slim elicits questions about your balls and skinny jeans then yeah, they might just ask you when Uggs came out with that bitchin new model.

Handled some of their pieces earlier in July when I was in Soho for a few weeks.

Most of their shit feels really thin and of 'meh'-quality. Also, collection cohesion has definitely reached an all-time low. 04/05 was pretty good as far as informing a look, but this new stuff seems to be little more than a bouillabaisse of influences without any real overall intent or unification.

Also, what the FUCK is it with APC saleswomen in NYC, are they supposed to make me think like I'm going to jack your shit? Half of it is fucking ugly, the other half makes me want to question why you guys are charging twice as much as everybody else for an average look.

Finally – I dunno why Gibson keeps mentioning APC in his book pattern Recognition. >: (

hmmm its wool and polyamide according to the description on the website

i would snap it up in an instant except i was looking for more of an all-purpose varsity/bomber in a material other than wool that could also be worn in spring/summer and i'd just layer shit underneath in the winter. again, i feel like a fucktard for not buying the ss varsity when i had the chance a few months back, delusional for thinking that it would even make it to the sales.

gonna go to a tailor in hk tommorow and see what kinda quote he'll give me on a custom made varsity...unless someone has some more reccomendations on other brands to check out?

hmmm its wool and polyamide according to the description on the website

i would snap it up in an instant except i was looking for more of an all-purpose varsity/bomber in a material other than wool that could also be worn in spring/summer and i'd just layer shit underneath in the winter. again, i feel like a fucktard for not buying the ss varsity when i had the chance a few months back, delusional for thinking that it would even make it to the sales.

gonna go to a tailor in hk tommorow and see what kinda quote he'll give me on a custom made varsity...unless someone has some more reccomendations on other brands to check out?

temple of jawnz

APC just arrived at the store, the shoes are EPIC, beautiful beautiful, but even more expensive than normal, exept for the checked sneakers, which are 150 euros.. Boots in look 3 are 319 euro's and the ones in look 11 are 365 euro's. The rest is same old APC, checked shirts, nice and simple cardigans and jackets.

APC just arrived at the store, the shoes are EPIC, beautiful beautiful, but even more expensive than normal, exept for the checked sneakers, which are 150 euros.. Boots in look 3 are 319 euro's and the ones in look 11 are 365 euro's. The rest is same old APC, checked shirts, nice and simple cardigans and jackets.

I might stop by later this week. When are you there?

Tisswat: I always work on friday and saturdays. But I'll probably be working extra days next week, mondays in the men's store and wednesdays in the Coming Soon store. If you come on fridays I can also show you the clothes that are hanging in the back.

034936: The stitching gives the boot more of a 'work-wear' look, doesn't look uglier than a boot w/o the stitching, just different.

• 3 weeks later...