Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same camo pattern they used for the side logo fitteds in s/s 07.

2mgqipi.jpg

Agree that its a very bathing ape pattern but thats what i like about it. I like how its loose and the shapes are big and bulky. also in the plus box is that those shapes are not Milos and it doesnt say BAPE across the chest.

^yeah it def reminds me of bape camo, I kind of like it.

outside of the awful stadium jackets with the patches, I think the outerwear overall looks pretty solid (albeit boxy, which is to be expected from supreme i guess). I'll probably just be copping the camo camp hat and the heather arc hoody or fleece hoody.

The kids are probably gonna be disappointed, there's no tee to beast over.

The whole color palette this season is a little strange. Very bright, vibrant colors that you'd expect more to see in spring. Stuff like the heather arc logo, blaze orange field shirt, all the outdoor hoodies, etc. The standard woodland camo they used on the Highly Decorated hoodies from last year would have been a better choice imo.

Fitteds have sucked for like 3 years now. Last decent one was the leopard print jacquard NY logo.

*look book already had me questioning the color on the Uptown hoodie. I like it in that darker orangey/yellow than the color on the preview.

Not blown away by the collection, but some nice stuff for sure. Feeling the fishtail parka, oxfords, gingham and ombre flannels, and I really like the suede shoes. Backpack is wack and I wish the arc hoddies weren't heathered.

That suede front sweater is classic NYC, you used to see tons of dudes rocking those things in the late 70's/early 80's in Brooklyn. Go look in a Jamel Shabazz book , I bet you'll find some people wearing them.

That suede front sweater is classic NYC, you used to see tons of dudes rocking those things in the late 70's/early 80's in Brooklyn. Go look in a Jamel Shabazz book , I bet you'll find some people wearing them.

Supreme did the same style of suede/knit zip sweater back in 2002, called the 'chico sweater.' i'll try and post scans later.

also interesting to see that they switched things up and added a second size tag to the tops, not to mention the old-school-Supreme black tag on the inside of the timberline jacket.

I'm impressed with this drop, but I think some of the items would've been more appealing had they used some different color schemes, especially on the flannels. The lookbook gave a different perspective on a few items I was iffy on, definitely pushed me in the "want now" category.

Fishtail & Sagamore parkas, Mountain plaid and prep flannels, damn near all of the camp caps (esp lux twill & tweed), and yes, the paisley oxfords. All gimme-gimme's.

Like everything that uses their variations of camo this season, save for the box caps. Field Shirt, Thermal, and Thermal Hoodie especially.

more camo is good, not sure what the problem is with the camp caps though - i'm actually less thrilled with the thermals and hoodie but probably more because i never turned apostate bape-wise so i'm pretty well covered in that respect. anyway it's not like bape invented camo in the context of streetwear, they just happened to be the main culprit in ruining it.

anyway i agree on the field shirt, makes me feel marginally better for having passed on the w)taps one

Suede shoe i think is nice. I like that profile and the colors are spiffy.

it no doubt depends on price but i think the value proposition on that one is going to be pretty rough

I like how the ripstop jacket is "waterproof" as opposed to "water resistant". I still have little faith in supremes water proofing (been scorned on every jacket to date with either claim of resistance/proofing) but at least this makes me feel like it could stand up to today's current weather in NYC.

waterproof may be good but i doubt the performance will be anywhere close to true technical outerwear, especially with respect to breathability. ironic since jebbia has stated his main goal in working with north face is that if he tried to do a performance shell it would cost $1000+. and i'm assuming this doesn't cost that much. all of which is to say he was probably right to go with his first instinct.

Probably going to get the buck knife and rarely use. Awesome impulse control i've got.

it looks better than the swiss army knife... i am fully certified to use one for peaceful purposes (all tot'n'chip corners intact) so i am fully legit on that front.

The kids are probably gonna be disappointed, there's no tee to beast over.

i assume that's what the ronnie spector t-shirt is supposed to be, great idea but not like i'd ever wear it. sink or swim is pure stroke of genius - raft of the fucking medusa? try explaining that one to reinhold heller

That suede front sweater is classic NYC, you used to see tons of dudes rocking those things in the late 70's/early 80's in Brooklyn.

that well may be but some trends are better off dead (to misquote la peste)

misc other comments:

glad to see belts back but honestly they could have tried a little harder

l/s athletics actually look pretty nice, better than their usual l/s cut and sewn logo tees. btw funny to see the mickey mouse is not on a stock blank.

camp caps - camo without saying, lux twill also spiffy looking. the twill camp caps are the new twisted yarn beanies. agree that the 5 panels have been more consistent than the fitteds and this edition of the denim cap is pretty hot (esp the white one)

ombres kill any flannels from last year

accessories - hopefully there'll be another bottle opener, otherwise ms ready will be rocking the headband

the bomber looks better in the lookbook but still not sold on it... fishtail parka could be a trainwreck fit wise. it's not a good sign that half the outerwear looks too big in the lookbook, while the other half looks too small.

whoever said that the colors were weird - it looks like they basically fused two different palettes together, the "veritas" family from last season plus a more basic one. maybe the idea was appealing to different audiences but i will guess that some pieces will sell pretty unevenly color-wise, even more so than usual

the caramel leather vest is nice. i wish i wore shit like that

the Adirondack sweater in grey looks good. fish tail and timberline jacket are a must. just hope that is a pin and not a tag:(,

not feeling none of the flannels/shirt almost all the colors are a little off

more camo is good, not sure what the problem is with the camp caps though....

Just dont like the red patch. Liking all the tonal patches this time around. I realize a perfectly tonal patch on a camo cap is asking too much, but maybe a green/tan one.

it no doubt depends on price but i think the value proposition on that one is going to be pretty rough

I'm guessing near $100, which i'd be ok with. Not ideal but still ok.

to do a performance shell it would cost $1000+. and i'm assuming this doesn't cost that much. all of which is to say he was probably right to go with his first instinct.

Even just going with Alpha Industries would get a better jkt. There are enough tech outerwear companies to choose from to make an affordable jacket. Agreed he should heed his own words.

i am fully certified to use one for peaceful purposes (all tot'n'chip corners intact) so i am fully legit on that front.

I got nothing. I was considering leaving it at work to cut fruit at my desk.

hmmmm sticking mostly to the formula of what made supreme who they are...

nothing I'm getting too excited about...rehashed alot of stuff from past seasons....Subhumans hat is kinda cool but also makes me feel like they aer running out of ideas........

Mickey tee still makes no sense to me but thats part of their formula i guess.....and a vampire tee...i'm sure i'm missing some "deeper" meaning or "reference".........