Summer Blockbuster Superthread!

Damn GI joe really was a fun summer movie. I wonder if it will do well though because I think a lot of ppl are feeling guilty/pissed about seeing Transformers 2 and may avoid it for this reason.

Fuck Channing Tatum though. How the fuck does this dude get cast in any movie? I know the acting pedigree for kids coming out movies like Step Up is not high but Marlon Wayans looked like a combination of Sydney Poiteir and heyday Eddie Murphy next to him. Seriously Marlon Wayans was the best actor in this thing.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GI Joe was the best comedy of 2009

nichols titties are so legit

almost too legit

but soooooo legit

funnily enough, I just came off a Venture Bros bender when I saw GI Joe the other night so it was 100000000000000x funnier.

but fuck how bad the CGI was, for a movie that was supposed to be a blockbuster, they really half assed it.

so I just watched A Perfect Getaway. It was entertaining imo, but I actually think the story could be a good movie. They started trying for a Natural Born Killers vibe and then the ending was boring as fuck.

the self-referential movie stuff was kinda cute, but in the end the explanation was not very good. I like the main actors though.

what the fuck did they do to cobra commander

i literally said this out loud while watching

nichols is hot as fuck tho

god yes, was lusting after her whenever she was on screen

lick.gif

saw that and transformers 2 today, 2 for the price of onee

i don't know what the complaints are about that though. i came in and expected plenty of robot fighting and megan fox tittays, and i got robot fighting and megan fox tittays(and that hot decepticon girl)

bigger.gif

• 7 months later...

iron man does indeed look like it'll be fun. after spiderman and x-men both turned to shit with their number 3's, downey and co are probably the best marvel franchise going right now.

i want the a-team to be good, but i have the sneaking suspicion it might end up as this year's gi joe :(

predators = hell ya\

EDIT: you know the part in predator 2 when danny glover gets the 1715 pistol, i was like o shit predator prequel with 18th century battling with VS. fuckin shoulder cannons n shit (please make this happen)

• 3 weeks later...