Summer Blockbuster Superthread!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bay is very successful at what he does, even if his vision is infinitely more simple. any half talented director can make a film mann has made. not to mention heat is one of the most overrated movies of all time.

Heat is definitely overrated, but the scene where they are shooting their way down the street is pretty awesome.

about to watch streets of blood. will report back.

the proposal was very watchable

it was more entertaining than transformers

sandra bullock was a lot better then I thought and ryans is a cutie as always. I took my sister to see IMAX transformer cos she's never been, girl ended up falling asleep amidst the noise.

Saw the Hangover, it was pretty funny but I don't see why everyone thinks its so awesome

Tryin to see Up in 3d 2morrow, pretty excited

up is cuteeeee for a kid but kind of depressing in the beginning if you're an adult. definitely appreciated the color and graphics and SQUIRREL!

I thoroughly enjoyed Drag Me to Hell. It used classic horror conceits well (lots of complex settings/props manipulated instead of just CGI) and actually made something boring (creepy old woman) worth watching. However, it was still just a lot of jump scares. It would have been excellent if it had some slow burn dread that only Asian cinema, and to a lesser extent Italian horror, can capture.

I think The Hangover is a movie that will take some time to judge. It was funny but not superb because my expectations were stratospheric. I'm hoping another viewing will help me appreciate it more, a la Grandma's Boy.

I will be seeing Inglourious Basterds, Bruno, and a load of others I'm sure. Hopefully I'll get my ass in gear and see Up. So much faith in Pixar even though every trailer for all of their movies look booooring.

Up - really good stuff, saw it twice, has a lot to offer a lot of different kinds of people.

Transformers - too long for what it was, ended up bored with a headache.

Hangover - surprisingly good, was pretty stoned though so that always helps

Harry potter is going to get bastardized again but the one movie I am really excited for is District 9, anyone else?

my to-watch list: transformers and public enemy, which the consensus says that i should NOT watch them but i probably will anyways. definitely going to see harry potter.

bislane, i don't know how i feel about district 9. from the trailers and stuff i'm under the impression that it's going to be a lot of dialogue, i really don't know what to expect. probably end up checking it out though.

i'm pretty interested in watching 9. comes out on 09.09.09. how clever of them.

i'm pretty interested in watching 9. comes out on 09.09.09. how clever of them.

it's weird, theres a movie called 9 and another movie called Nine. and theyre both coming out around the same time but are completely different. I saw the trailer for 9 (thats the animated one, right?) and i dont like it just for the fact that all the characters look exactly the same.

i may just be a bit of a transformers fanatic but i don't get people saying that they couldn't tell the difference between the decepticons, i could clearly see the difference at all times

Watched Public Enemies yesterday, Johnny Depp never lets down. overall a pretty entertaining movie.

I'm not a Star Trek fanatic, in fact I don't know much at all about it but the new movie was amazing and very entertaining.

Looking forward to Harry Potter and The Last Airbender (don't hate) :)

I actually think Shyamalan has a good eye and can probably do great genre films. It's just that his writing is pretentious and utter shit. If he can prove himself able to direct good (other people's) scripts it can bring his career back. I really don't think Avatar is a good choice though.