Summer Blockbuster Superthread!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me Star Trek was the best film i saw this summer...

The first half of Transformers 2 was good but once they got to the desert it dragged and got boring (even w/ the fight scenes and explosions). I heard someone say it was a Michael Bay movie on Steroids...very true...

Public Enemies was a good movie but was missing something that could have made it great. Despite what ppl say i thought the cinematography looked great. Nonetheless Mann and J. Depp did the story justice...

Haven't seen Up but i've heard good things...but I'm not surprised, Pixar does a great job w/ their movies...

it's weird, theres a movie called 9 and another movie called Nine. and theyre both coming out around the same time but are completely different. I saw the trailer for 9 (thats the animated one, right?) and i dont like it just for the fact that all the characters look exactly the same.

i know what you mean. all the characters who look exactly the same also have numbers for names. it seems like it'd be worth a watch anyways. i kinda wanna see bruno because it looks so absurd, but the kind of funny where it's too embarrassing to watch.

the proposal was funny, never doubted it. sandra bullock can pull off a comedy and ryan reynolds is always good eye candy. god bless that almost naked scene.

the hangover was super funny, would watch again.

public enemies was super fucking boring. i goddamn fell asleep in the theatre. and i love johnny depp. but like clopek, i couldnt wait for it to end so that i could leave.

I watched Public Enemies last weekend and my first reaction was one of disappointment. I'm probably going to give it another chance though. I'm kind of a fan of Mann. Although it sometimes gets a little heavy, I appreciate that he takes his genre films seriously, like Heat, Miami Vice, even Collateral. Unlike anything Bay does, which always has a very silly and selfconscious feel to it.

I wasn't sold on the use of HD digital video in PE, shot very close and often handheld, but I my allergies were bothering me badly and the theatre was AC'ed to about 50 degrees, both of which kept pulling me out of the moviewatching experience.

The "love story" did feel a little forced and obligatory, as it does in lots of Mann movies (except in Heat, where I thought it woked pretty well, and which is not overrated at all imo, might very well be the best action thriller of the 90s). The character development in PE was not on the same level as Heat either, but it's apples and oranges. Heat was Mann's take on a classic, generic cops and robbers story, PE is about John Dillinger and everything/everyone that made him the myth he became...

Anyway, I'm still developing my opinion about it. Like I said, I was disappointed at first, but if I find a threatre that screens it in digital projection I'm definitely going to watch it again.

l8bd3mm4epn2ajnfAxH6xG4Zo1_500.jpg

this is just gonna be the worst movie EVER

but so many fucking assholes are gonna go see it.

Fffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaake.

i hope so.

i got nothing against ms. fox but girl can't act. she may look pretty and she may have nice curves but damn she really, really, really sucks on screen. she can barely pull of the sidekick role how the hell is she going to be wonderwoman???????