Books on denim / workwear

dralfonzo

Wondering if I could question the expertise of the forum. I have $60 to spend on amazon, whats everyones favorite or recommended books on denim or workwear or anything inbetween? I wanted to get ahold of a copy of the Denim bible but amazon doesn't have it atm, anyone own this book? Is it good? I would be interested in books on the history of denim etc

Need some suggestions!

the forums very own PaulT wrote this?? It looks great, I'd go for the 1st edition if it wasn't $130 more expensive than the edition with mcqueen on the cover!!

Ok i've bought that one, still got some money left any suggestions??

Anyone in japan familiar with Mono magazine? I was told about a book that Mr. Imai of mono magazine had written a few years ago about the history of denim which was supposed to be very good.

Just got Paul T's book in the mail along with Fugitive Denim. It reminded me that a girl in my textile and clothing class is the great-great grand-daughter of Jacob Davis and her father or grandfather started Ben Davis. Anyways....

Anyone know where to get a copy of this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Denim-Bible-Jeans-Encyclopedia-International/dp/3866410840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243730290&sr=8-1

also just got Paul T's book the other day, it's a really good read - exactly what I was looking to get.

thatslapz - I've been looking for a copy of that on amazon for a little while but there doesn't seem to be any copies, i'd really like that book.

I also got 'The Bikeriders' by Danny Lyon the other day, really good photojournal book about the chicago bike scene.

the-bikeriders01.jpg

lyon7.jpg

PhotoID7843.jpg

Anyone got any more suggestions??

• 3 weeks later...
Just got Paul T's book in the mail along with Fugitive Denim. It reminded me that a girl in my textile and clothing class is the great-great grand-daughter of Jacob Davis and her father or grandfather started Ben Davis. Anyways....

Anyone know where to get a copy of this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Denim-Bible-Jeans-Encyclopedia-International/dp/3866410840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243730290&sr=8-1

In regards to The Denim Bible, a magazine called Sportswear International publishes them. However that second edition is all sold out.

Supposedly they are going to make a new edition, but there was actually a big gap between the first edition and the second. You can check it out on the website. They have a couple other books.

http://www.sportswearnet.com/shop/pages/index.php?id=462

The magazine itself is really cool. It has up to date information from brands from around the world.

• 3 weeks later...