Why do people get hip flares on their jeans?

rellabgib3

Hi,

I was always curious...why is it that some raw jeans that guys wear create hip flares? I think hip flares are freakkking ugly in general, and I would always want to avoid it at all costs...Is it when the waist is too small but the thigh area is too big or maybe the thigh measurement on the jeans are too tight...

Hi,

I was always curious...why is it that some raw jeans that guys wear create hip flares?

When the top block and upper trouser leg is a loose you'll get hip flare. It depends on the cut, your build, and how you wear your jeans.

It's not as obvious in real life anyway. What looks like hip flare directly from the front when you're standing straight will be invisible from a different angle or will look like another fold of fabric.

Don't really know why I typed this out, but...

Comes from wearing jeans cut to be worn round the waist (ie 501s and all 501 repros) round your hips in the modern manner, meaning the bit that should scoot round your hips is going round your thighs.

If you look at modern European cuts like Dior and Nudie you'll notice the absence of that flare because they're cut to be worn low.