Name that film...

Guest jmatsu
all right...here's one more free hint:

even though it's not Rose McGowen in the pic (and even though she has actually nothing to do with the movie at all), her former boyfriend Marilyn Manson played a short role in that movie...!!! now, you should get it...

not completely confident, but guessing lost highway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need your help. Name that film of a different kind. I have two films that are known to me only as vague, dream-like sequences. I would be much obliged if anyone could help learn the titles of these films from the following (poor) descriptions.

The first film is about a cinephile who is trying to watch his way through all the films in a particular film guide (the title is mentioned, but I don't recall it). A new edition of the film guide comes out during the course of the film and he has to cross out all the films he has already seen.

The second film opens (I think) with the relationship between a guy and his seemingly non-existent girlfriend. The guy is not even sure if his girlfriend exists anymore because they work unsynchronised day/night shifts. The only way they communicate is through the "notes" left all over the house for each other. He starts to think his girlfriend has moved out because the notes stop.

Multiple counts of my meagre rep-power will be given to any SuFu member that can help me with either of these films. They are both causing me significant amounts of anguish as I struggle through trying to remember more detail for each one. I feel like I'm living through Memento and I drink to absolve my pain... Yeah, that's why I drink. Self-justification sustained.

• 2 weeks later...

The second film opens (I think) with the relationship between a guy and his seemingly non-existent girlfriend. The guy is not even sure if his girlfriend exists anymore because they work unsynchronised day/night shifts. The only way they communicate is through the "notes" left all over the house for each other. He starts to think his girlfriend has moved out because the notes stop.

That sounds familiar indeed... The Machinist?

And I wanna know gatefold's movie as well.