10 things I would buy right now if I'd won 110 million in the Euro lottery last night

Off the top of my head:

1) A house made of concrete of wood that's got a nice view and is miles away from fucking ANYBODY.

2) A nice painting to go inside the house.

3) An apartment and a studio space packed with all the materials I would need to create whatever I wanted to, somewhere cool and easy. (Probably Berlin I guess. Maybe Copenhagen. Not NYC.)

4) A nice coat. I've been looking for one ages and I can't find one I like yet.

5) Another pair of handmade sunglasses.

6) A small and impossibly well designed and furnished yoga studio. With a

treatment room.

7) The most perfectly beaten up and worn in chesterfield sofa I could find.

8) A classic Vespa that works.

9) A lot of plane tickets. A LOT of plane tickets.

10) 3 rounds in a boxing ring or the opportunity to waterboard Posh

spice/Cheryl Cole/ Any of those American tabloid brats until I'm satisfied.

Yeahhhhh.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My grandfather's house in South Hampton that we had to sell 2.5 years ago.

2. All the furniture/art that was in it from my aunts (they have most of it and wouldn't give it back unless I gave them monetary compensation)

3. A nice coat (I feel you on that Syb)

4. A nice guitar, amp, and accompanying pedals

5. An apartment somewhere in/near London with an amazing view. Maybe along the Thames in Whitechapel.

6. Set aside enough to pay for graduate school anywhere I wanted to go to and was accepted too.

7. Establish my own non-profit grant-writing organization

8. Lots of plane & train tickets

9. Using the vast monetary resources I'd have at my disposal, find all the jewelry my mother had stolen from her a number of years ago.

10. A nice pair of bespoke oxfords.

1. house in NC mountains.

2. (997) 911 turbo.

3. nice suit.

4. a coffee shop / book store.

5. townhome in a city to be determined.

6. wooden speedboat.

7. house for moms and grandparents

8. tons of dress shoes.

9. small brewery

10. whatever else i fucking wanthed.

in all seriousness:

1) a nice loft apt in nyc.

2) most of atelier.

3) every thing geller or cloak has ever done.

4) ednob a house because i love evan. (0)

5) furniture for my apt.

6) charity.

7) my own boutique.

8) the best meals every single night

9) the rights to transformers so i can protect the series.

10) rest goes into savings for kids i never have.

1-PRS Mccarty Guitar

2-Bad Cat Hot Cat amp

3-Chambray shirt

4-Some denimz

5-Tickets to China

6-Lots of food.

7-Bank.

I can't think of anything that would be more important than the interest off the money in the bank, but everything else are long time wants.

1) Girlfriends for most of Superfuture.

2) Meghan Fox and a double-wide trailer so she doesn't get homesick

3) An RED. film camera + associated software, lights, booms etc.

4) My own restaurant + bar.

5) A whole bunch of Lakland and Sadowsky gear.

6) Set up a bursary program for young screenwriters.

7) Ranch in Northern California

8) Flat either in London or Berlin

9) Emma Watson for Scott

10) Rest gets invested/put into charities developing infrastructure in third world nations.

a giant awesome castle in scotland, preferably haunted

a treehouse mansion in a brazilian rainforest

an endless collection of sharp-looking suits and shoes of the finest leathers handmade by italian virgins

I dunno, invest the rest? maybe I'd pay someone to tell me what to do with the rest of my money

For realz though

- After initial spending wave, invest everything else, budget 1-2 mil a year

- Balla apartment in Manhattan, sick ass furniture, etc

- Same for Vienna

- Also a vacation home in some nice place, maybe France or something

- Quattroporte in New York

- Quattroporte in Vienna

- Tailored suits and shirts (might just start wearing suits)

- Handmade shoes

- Nice fashion jawns

- Great meals all the time

- First class flights (a Gulfstream costs some 15-20 million, that's like 2000 intercontinental first class flights)

really i think in terms of money thats all I would spend shit on

you guys know you don't get the payout all at once right? You get it in monthly/bimontly/yearly installments over a long period of time. It's bs. Everytime someone who isn't already rich win the jackpot, they almost always go for the smaller "in-full" payment right away, often arranged by private companies that do this sort of thing. So they get much less than they actually won and these companies make a killing in the long-term. People almost always blow their load (shitttt must not fap) on stupid shit immediately too and often go back to being poor as shit after a couple of years. There was this whole big episode on "This American Life" about it. Made me tres tres sad.

Anyway, if I got 110 mil Es in the bank in one lump sum, the following would happen:

1. Apply to grad school right away, not having to worry about fin. aid or having to work beforehand to help pay for it.

2. Get a nice condo in a brownstone in the Back Bay.

3. Fill it with Eames and Jacobsen.

4. QPorte.

5. Pay off my parents' loans

6. Pay for my sister's edumacation

7. Put 10 mil in 100 different MMF accounts (fed. insurance.. fail safe, reset button if everything else goes to shit)

8. Invest 50 mil in long-term bluechips (stocks are cheap, thanks recession)

9. Donate 2 mil a year to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. 1 mil to rainforest protection.

10. Have one massive hedonistic night on the town where I would be swimming in champagne and models (hey, you've got to celebrate. you just won 110 mil eurozzz)

I would go buy 110 Million more lotto tickets and own the hell out of the next round worth even more money. Why, cause im fucking stupid like that and like to let it ride.

These kinda questions and ideas make me sad more than happy. Your chances of winning or losing a lotto like this are more or less 99.9% the same if you buy 10000 tickets or NONE!

realtalk, the powerball is 109 million bucks tonight. i bought a few tickets on friday after work. i couldn't even think of ten specific things i'd buy, i know the first thing would be a sick car. probably an aston martin or something ridiculous like that. i'd move to either king of prussia or NYC, and probably buy a place in california just for the hell of it.

you guys know you don't get the payout all at once right? You get it in monthly/bimontly/yearly installments over a long period of time. It's bs. Everytime someone who isn't already rich win the jackpot, they almost always go for the smaller "in-full" payment right away, often arranged by private companies that do this sort of thing. So they get much less than they actually won and these companies make a killing in the long-term. People almost always blow their load (shitttt must not fap) on stupid shit immediately too and often go back to being poor as shit after a couple of years. There was this whole big episode on "This American Life" about it. Made me tres tres sad.

Anyway, if I got 110 mil Es in the bank in one lump sum, the following would happen:

1. Apply to grad school right away, not having to worry about fin. aid or having to work beforehand to help pay for it.

2. Get a nice condo in a brownstone in the Back Bay.

3. Fill it with Eames and Jacobsen.

4. QPorte.

5. Pay off my parents' loans

6. Pay for my sister's edumacation

7. Put 10 mil in 100 different MMF accounts (fed. insurance.. fail safe, reset button if everything else goes to shit)

8. Invest 50 mil in long-term bluechips (stocks are cheap, thanks recession)

9. Donate 2 mil a year to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. 1 mil to rainforest protection.

10. Have one massive hedonistic night on the town where I would be swimming in champagne and models (hey, you've got to celebrate. you just won 110 mil eurozzz)

where dem hoez?

where da rollz?

where dem 30 inch rims?

where dem lambos?

youz a stunna now. fuk skool

Fuck it, I'm going to buy some lotto tickets, how much are powerball tickets? I've never bought a lottery ticket before, hah.

they're a dollar apiece. don't buy power play, that shit is for scrubs.

i was born to win the lottery

-a new laptop (srsly #1 first thing i would buy)

-apt in montreal

-a car. range rover? i dont know though...

of course i would buy other rediculous things but i would just want to have a good time in life without working a shitty job.

after they draw the powerball numbers they draw the power play number, it's a number from 1-5. if you win a prize that isn't the jackpot (like, you match 3 and win a grand or something) and you buy power play (it's an extra dollar) your prize gets multiplied by the power play number.

so, you match 3 with no power play: you get a grand

match 3 with power play and the power play # is 4: you get 4 grand