Benzak Denim Developers

benzak

Look very LEE inspired. LHT, inside label, and leather tag. The denim looks nice. The pockets are a bit too big (long). I would like to see hidden rivets. But if it weren't for the large back pockets, polyester pockets, and Polyester thread throughout I would snatch up a pair at the 25% discount price.

I didn't see any pics of the button fly. I would like to see the buttons.

It does seem like you are trying to merge old school denim stylings (Lees) with some newer technologies (polyester thread and pockets). Which is cool

Good job and I look forward to seeing more designs from BDD.

Also, the label is really cool.

Look very LEE inspired. LHT, inside label, and leather tag. The denim looks nice. The pockets are a bit too big (long). I would like to see hidden rivets. But if it weren't for the large back pockets, polyester pockets, and Polyester thread throughout I would snatch up a pair at the 25% discount price.

I didn't see any pics of the button fly. I would like to see the buttons.

It does seem like you are trying to merge old school denim stylings (Lees) with some newer technologies (polyester thread and pockets). Which is cool

Good job and I look forward to seeing more designs from BDD.

Also, the label is really cool.

It's not a secret I was inspired by Lee designing the jeans (and logo). I really like the original Lee details and the cowboy reference.

For the button fly: please check the collection part on my website --> http://www.benzakdenimdevelopers.com/limiteddry.php

they are in my topbanner as well..

first thing i thought, too. really clean looking and i dig the green selvedge. question, though, what does benzak mean?

Benzak is my nickname, evolved from many other names my friends used to call me.. I've been called by this name for a long long time now, so I thought it would be great to implement in my brandname (my birthname is too hard to pronounce for non-Dutch speaking people, but this way I keep it personal..)

• 2 weeks later...

They are chainstitched, just on the outside of the cuff. Same thing though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Benzak! I'm new here...just cruising around looking for a familiar face :).

How is your first season going?

Hi Mark!

Well there are more familier faces to find other than me here on sufu ;)

Almost half of my stock has been sold now, so that's okay since I do all sales myself, rather than selling pre-orders to stores. At this point, BDD is just fun doing instead of being my number one source of income. I'm slowly working towards a goal, which is to make a living out of denim design and development with my own label, and every small step gets me closer, which includes this first small lot!

How is your business?

ARe you coming up with any very skinny models ?

Not likely.. I'm not a big fan of the skinny jeans for men. And imo you should only use stretch fabrics for skintight pants (like 2% elastane), but I prefer 100% cotton fabrics, woven the authentic way.

Hi Mark!

Well there are more familier faces to find other than me here on sufu ;)

Yeah? I'll look around and see who I bump into.

Almost half of my stock has been sold now, so that's okay since I do all sales myself, rather than selling pre-orders to stores. At this point, BDD is just fun doing instead of being my number one source of income. I'm slowly working towards a goal, which is to make a living out of denim design and development with my own label, and every small step gets me closer, which includes this first small lot!

Benzak,

That's great! If you've sold half your stock, you should be proud! Always keep in mind that, so far, BDD is an unknown brand. So under those circumstances, you're doing quite well, bud!

You and I are in the same boat; I too am inching towards becoming financially independent with my company. I still need a day job :(!

How is your business?

Production for oneculture's summer season is due to wrap sometime around the 15th (of this month). Orders have more than doubled this time (up 214%) and my product is going to be in more locations (LA and Chicago).

It's tough when you're independent because boutiques are reluctant to touch brands which have no brand equity (or connections). And I'm handling sales all alone, so needless to say that I'm totally stoked about the progress I've made thus far. The buyers placed orders solely because they really like and believe in my product; not because of "connections" or "hype". I never wanted to have to rely on those types of things. I want oneculture's success to happen honestly and organically...

My summer season is a tremendous upgrade from fall 08'. I'm really looking forward to seeing how oneculture performs this time around--fingers crossed!

I'm also working on artwork for a leather patch. The artwork's concept conveys the oneculture ideology perfectly...but that'll be featured during a later season.

Anyway...good luck with your future developments. Keep thinking, stay creative and you will win :)!!

It's tough when you're independent because boutiques are reluctant to touch brands which have no brand equity (or connections). And I'm handling sales all alone, so needless to say that I'm totally stoked about the progress I've made thus far. The buyers placed orders solely because they really like and believe in my product; not because of "connections" or "hype". I never wanted to have to rely on those types of things. I want oneculture's success to happen honestly and organically...

I totally agree.. but unfortunately this is how the market works. Unless you come up with 'that special new design' you're just another player. 99% of the consumers won't notice all the detailing you put in your jeans, they just go for a save choice of jeans which they already know. And I kinda understand this choice, despite the fact that it is much harder job for newcomers to sell their products. Big market

• 4 weeks later...

Good progress so far, Benzak. Keep the updates coming, brother.

I'm going to do a fade progress update soon as well, with before & after wash results--I've been wearing my Pulsars unwashed for almost a year now. Although the jeans look great, I'm beginning to smell like a homeless dude, lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

inside out chain-stitch is definitely sth nice too look @.. but unless you cuff your jeans, it might not be a good idea..

as soon as the threading breaks, all it takes is a tug to take the whole hem apart