POPEYES: Appreciation Thread

Guest fryafish

was craving it, and after not getting it for months finally got it.

whatchu know about the 10 piece family for $12.99. good to get the hooks.

mixed dark and white.

4605241883_46e0054d7b.jpg

cajun fries and mashed taters.

4605856994_842e06ba05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
whatt he hell is bojangles?
bojangles is a chain restaurant in the south/east

pretty good

not to thread jack, but i went to bojangles twice this weekend.

http://chad-i-llac.tumblr.com/post/586059941/bojangles

but i do love popeyes

For flicks of my multiple Bojangles' trips this weekend go HERE...

My Solo Drive Dinner from LA to SF a few weeks ago...

IMG_1021.jpg

• 1 month later...
20 Celebrity Chefs' Guilty Pleasures

First Posted: 07-11-10 02:06 PM | Updated: 07-12-10 09:05 AM

Some are the chefs behind the best restaurants in the world and globally admired gastronomic innovators; some are household names for their culinary achievements and teach or entertain millions of TV viewers about food. Some are both. And when they're not at the helm of their their restaurants' kitchens, they may occasionally crave something a little different: American cheese, beef jerky, Popeye's, Doritos, Doughnuts, KFC's Macaroni and Cheese, Cheese Doodles, Cherry Garcia, Gin & Tonics, Reese's.

See which acclaimed chefs and food personalities crave which guilty pleasures:

David Chang: Popeye's Fried Chicken

24pfpug.jpg

The downtown New York chef (who now dabbles in Midtown, too) does his own large-format fried chicken at Momofuko Noodle Bar that gets mostly glowing reviews, told told Serious Eats New York that he craves Popeye's.

mad craving popeyes now...

and then i came across this :

53931153.jpg

imagine if popeyes made a version of the double down... drooooool.

i did a review on this a while back from the day it dropped. only dank original idea ive seen come out of kfc.

that being said, popeyes still owns its double down ass 6 ways to sunday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

chea!

46291_422636339036_36385509036_4938909_5850870_n.jpg

45029_422636354036_36385509036_4938910_4215386_n.jpg

44297_422636364036_36385509036_4938911_5096401_n.jpg

47264_422636384036_36385509036_4938912_4857369_n.jpg

times square

http://www.popeyesbeatkfc.com/

postcardpopup_header_didyouhear.jpg

It’s Official! Popeyes® BONAFIDE® Chicken Beats KFC® Original Recipe® in National Taste Test

Popeyes Turns Times Square Orange in Celebration of Taste Test Victory

ATLANTAAug. 25, 2010—Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, a division of AFC Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFCE), today announced its Spicy and Mild Bonafide® bone-in fried chicken was the favorite in a national taste test against KFC® Original Recipe® fried chicken. Crowds converged in Times Square today to celebrate the news and turn Times Square Popeyes signature orange.

“Our guests show us and tell us everyday just how much they love our chicken, and we are thrilled with this taste test win,” said Cheryl Bachelder, president and CEO of Popeyes. “We are proud of our recipe-inspired menu and rich culinary heritage steeped in our Louisiana roots and appreciate taste test participants nationwide declaring what we’ve always known.”

Popeyes unveiled the taste test results during a celebration with fans in Times Square this afternoon. Popeyes invited fans to dress in the brand’s signature spicy orange to turn Times Square Orange and brought a little bit of New Orleans to the Big Apple, complete with beads, boas and noisemakers. Onlookers turned to the bright billboards above to find out that Popeyes Beat KFC.

“At Popeyes, we are fortunate to have loyal customers who are as passionate about our brand and food as we are,” said Bachelder. “We knew our guests would be enthusiastic about the news – because they’re part of the news. We are excited to involve our devoted fans in unveiling and celebrating this exciting win.”

For additional information, event photos, video, and to learn why people “Loves That Chicken from Popeyes®,” please visit www.PopeyesBeatKFC.com.

#FRIEDCHICKENBEEF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...