501xx 1947 Vs.

Seething Tortoise

I'm getting prepped to buy a pair of LVC 501xx from the guy I mentioned in this thread (when he relists them anyway):

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=7971

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the Levi's 501xx 47's with them on?

I know they're quite slim fitting, but I'd like to know how much before I buy a pair, or if I decide to go with a slightly more baggier version. I'm looking for a fit that's kinda like a the nudie straight sven (going on how they look on pictures), give or take a little on the fit.

Looking for "501xx 1947", the only picture I could find with them on were these:

A0622.jpg

If it's anything like that it should be great. Looking at the new standards, that looks good also though. A proper visual aid or suggestions to another slightly more like the APC rescues/SS would be awesome though.

Thanks so far Kixslf.

Edit: I think I'm going to get some 1944's. They seem more straight legged than the 47's, maybe a bit big on the ass. So, just one last question, are the 33's and 37's slightly slimmer overall than the 44's?

Edited by Tabris on Jan 23, 2006 at 07:30 PM

i've got a pair in size 30 waist, and i'm a true 30.

the waist is fine, but the legs are really slim on me. granted, i have bigger thighs so thats probably why, but i'd say the thigh width is about the same as the APC new standard, but maybe a little wider at the base of the leg.

incidentally, since they don't fit me i'm selling. let me know if you're interested, 34 lenght, basically brand new.

nairb49

Thanks for the offer Nairb. But I'm a true 32x32 ^_^;;

I think I'm going to get some 44's instead for now, and buy some 47's in a couple of months time. They seem a little looser all around and less tapered unless someone can contest to that (I'm not too sure).

So, just as one last question, since I can't find 34x36 44's at the moment (to allow for shrinkage etc.). Should I get the 34x34 or the 36x36 (Using Shrinkage as a factor, so one will be around 32x31/2 and the other will be 34x33/4)? If anyone knows the measurement of the seat or whatever it is between the top of the waist to the bottom of the crotch would be helpful.

Cheers.

Quote:

yes, the 44s are definitely a less slim fit.

What complicates all of this is that LVC varies sizing in different models - the waist of a 47 WILL be sized smaller than that of a 44.

Edited by Paul T on Jan 24, 2006 at 10:35 AM

--- Original message by Paul T on Jan 24, 2006 10:35 AM

Okay, so that made the sizing thing a bit harder.

If I'm a true 32x32 and I'm looking for a decent fit after shrinkage, maybe with a bit of extra length for cuffs I should get a....(A sizing comparison/guide type thing would be helpful :( )

Mmm. Well, I'm probably a true 31 31. The 47s, in a 34 34 are more like a 33 waist, and after one soak have shrunk to about 32 33.

The 1933s I had in 34 34 were more like 35 34, and shrank t 33 or maybe more. If you're a true 32 I would go for the 34W in the 47s and - if you can get them - I suspect you might be better off with a 33W in the 44. With both, if you're happy with a 1 inch cuff, I think you'l get away with a 34L. But, unfortunately, they do differ from season to season, so I would ask your dealer to give you an exact measurement.

Thanks for the replies and pictures. I'd seen them around before in searching, but thanks for posting them :)

Just looking at the sizing (32x34) I was thinking, if I soak the jeans for a couple of hours so it starts to shrink, then put them on when damp. Would it be possible to stretch the leg out whilst it's damp? And would I have to keep that up in future soakings.

Cheers.