people from asia fade in jeans better than people from the west?

edmond

what continent breaks in jeans better?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. what continent breaks in jeans better?

• people from asia eg: china, japan ,hk, taiwan
    • people from the west , usa, britain, germany,
    • people from anywhere else

in defense of edmond

not sure why he is the only one on the board that gets shit for buying a lot of gear----this is a shopping forum

and we don't hold this kind of behavior against the likes of RYU or the dude behind denim-gallery.heavy or tck0073708666 or whatever

i, for one, appreciate seeing photos of all the shit edmond buys

dude has good taste

Come on, dude has a serious lack of taste. He buys anything anyone tells him to or whatever he thinks people might want to see. He lacks originality and when he does attempt to be original... he flops, you ever see those Elephant hide boots he bought, or this thread, for instance.

Not to mention a couple years ago he was into dunks like crazy... not that it is a big deal, but to switch directions so fast, is a bit telling.

There are a lot of people on this board with some serious consumerism issues, but he takes the cake and does it horribly as well. He approaches it like this shit is a contest on who can out spend the next, and when criticized, he claims his critics are jealous... Just like stuck up cheerleaders who think people hate them for their looks, only Edmond ain't got the looks.

I don't know, I liked this board before it was a contest on who had the most rep points, pairs of jeans, sick boots, etc.

Wow, eddie starts a single thread and it turns out to be a referendum on him. Doubt he will be starting any more threads anytime soon.

I can agree to that.

Hell, I will even agree that edmond is the best in the world at buying "denimz" or "jawnz." I do like putting z's at the end of stuffz.

can we all agree that people from asia are the best at buying jeans?

I would agree, the majority of people from Asia wear better denim than people from America. I just cringe each time I see someone wearing sevens or true religion. But the normal american thinks that those jeans are the be all end all of denim.

I would agree, the majority of people from Asia wear better denim than people from America. I just cringe each time I see someone wearing sevens or true religion. But the normal american thinks that those jeans are the be all end all of denim.

I think the average American buys their jeans at Wal*Mart.....

That's still a lot better than seven for all mankind of true religion. I've recently been wearing a pair of $8 rustlers I got at walmart (heavyweight, sanforized, unwashed), and I think they're pretty great, albeit they don't have a coin pocket.

Not if you go to college and all the kids are "hip" and "with it" than everybody buys there jeans at AE or Nordstrom. Or maybe just maybe they will hit the "boutique" downtown that has joes jeans and hudson. And that is a stretch.

i agree to rnrswitch.... ed has a seroius shopping problem, most of them didnt even fit him, i mean look at his history of photos, all you can see if fat on the side,fat on the middle,short neck,double chin,fat here and fat there. sorry ed i finally got the guts to tell you the truth no hard feelings ed. seriously lose some weight if you feel good about yourself right now ,youre gonna fell even better if you lose those things.

Come on, dude has a serious lack of taste. He buys anything anyone tells him to or whatever he thinks people might want to see. He lacks originality and when he does attempt to be original... he flops, you ever see those Elephant hide boots he bought, or this thread, for instance.

Not to mention a couple years ago he was into dunks like crazy... not that it is a big deal, but to switch directions so fast, is a bit telling.

There are a lot of people on this board with some serious consumerism issues, but he takes the cake and does it horribly as well. He approaches it like this shit is a contest on who can out spend the next, and when criticized, he claims his critics are jealous... Just like stuck up cheerleaders who think people hate them for their looks, only Edmond ain't got the looks.

I don't know, I liked this board before it was a contest on who had the most rep points, pairs of jeans, sick boots, etc.

I really don't feel so strongly about the "fatness" of ed. I mean, some people just a bit bigger than others. Even if the dude was skinny and/or "built, he would still annoy me.

Maybe after this thread he will create another user name.

Guest DCDenim

this thread delivers..

Considering we had denim for at least 70 years before Asia had even seen the fabric, we have a slight edge. Since the 80s/90s though, America has become more interested in washed/distressed jeans since we spent 100 years wearing nothing but raw jeans before that.

Now the average american guy will either wear $10 walmart jeans or $150 crappy designer jeans from the local 'mall' in hopes of getting some vag from the girl in the dorm across from him who also wears sevens and the recent premium/raw denim fad might also be on it's way out in favor of other fabrics.

But in parts of asia you can cop some sweet raw selvedge for $10 and I think asia is where we were 50 years ago in terms of denim appreciation constantly mimicking cuts that we considered popular in the 50s as homage to the good 'ol USA, so I have to give them the edge now as we have lost our way and import all our premium raw denim now.. which is pretty fucking sad, all things considered.